Chapter 20

Hoped You Enjoy :)

Chapter 20

“So tell me more about yourself?” Jessica asks. She and Ralph haven’t stop talking since he had arrived. Jessica felt as if she was blessed. She had someone to talk to. Someone to keep her going. Now all she had to do was be patient and wait for rescue.

“Not much I can tell.” Ralph replies. He knew it was a lie. He could write an entire novel on just himself alone.

Jessica rolls her eyes and says, “If you do not wish to talk about it. You do not have to.” Jessica stands and leans on the wall so she could hear Ralph better. “I was just trying to find something else to talk about then myself.”

Ralph laughs, “I’m sorry. It is just my life is complicated and it is a very long story.”

Jessica giggles, “We have all day and maybe some more days.” The red head runs her hand through her hair.

Ralph smiles, “Fine. It all started a very long time ago.”

There were trees and trees nothing more and nothing less. He was on the hunt. His father, his village, and a very special lady all depended on him. They we’re low on food and his father for the first time sent him out and his father best-friend son to go find meat. They needed meat. He needed meat. Not for hunger but for pride and so he could finally become a man.

“Shhh.” His father best friend son Miles motion. They both kneel down behind some big bushes and watch a deer and its baby. “We could get them both.” Miles says pointing his spear towards the meat.

Ralph stares at Miles. He was a well-built boy but his muscles and strength got to head. He was Ralph biggest rivalry. It was either him or Miles who was going to become leader of the camp but most of all who was going to win over the most beautiful young lady in the camp. Her name was Lily. She had long blonde curly hair that stop at the end of her back and big blue eyes that could stop the world. She was special just like the flower. Which was her favorite.

“Hey! Are you listening to me?” Miles asks once again.

Young Ralph shakes his head which makes Miles rolls his eyes at the boy listening skills. “Look I will run this way and then on my signal we will charge. Then we will have victory and become men.”

Ralph nods his head and goes his own way. He watches Miles from the other side waiting for his signal. But Miles steps onto a wooden stick which makes the mother deer and her child run away. Ralph steps out the bushes irritated and yells, “See! Look what you did! Our food is gone.”

“It is not like you could do better!” Miles screams back. “No matter what I will become the next leader of the camp.” Miles grins showing off his muscle. “You cannot take me brother.” He spats then walks away shoving Ralph to the side.

“Where are you going? We have to return with food!”

“No you have to return with food. I’m a head of you in this competition. I’m heading back to camp.”

Ralph sneers but walks the opposite way. He did not have time for Miles and his ignorant behavior.

“He left you in the woods alone?” Jessica asks interrupted the story.

“Yes he did.”

“Okay continue.” Jessica pushes.

Ralph walked for hours and hours. He looked up at the sky and notices the moon and bright stars. He closes his eyes and rest until dawn thinking of Lily in a field of Lilies. Once he is awake he carries on his journey.