Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Kimberly sits at the table with Calvin and his friends. Calvin was sitting next to her discussing homework with Michael and Nicole. Michael was another basketball player and Nicole was a cheerleader. She was very pretty and the reason she was now sitting at this table was because Calvin invited her last week. Kimberly smiles she knew Calvin really liked Nicole and that today was the day he was going to ask her out.

Kimberly nudges Calvin in the shoulder to get his attention.

“Yeah.” Calvin asks.

Kimberly raises her eyebrow and Calvin sighs knowing what Kimberly was asking. Calvin straighten up in his seat and then asks, “So Nicole what are you doing this weekend?”

“Well I have a cheering competition Saturday but I’m free that night.”

Kimberly giggles. Nicole was into Calvin also.

Calvin smiles and then asks running his hand through his hair. “I was wondering if-“

Calvin was cut off when he heard a tray clacking against the floor.

“You’re an ass-hole you know.” A brunette screams across the lunch room. “You’re such a dick. You get into my panties and then don’t return my calls or texts the next day after you kick me out your house.”

Kimberly frowns when she notices this girl is referring to Riley. The gothic she got to arguing with a week ago.

“Now you have this slut on your lap.” The angry girl continues.

Kimberly watches as Riley slowly stands and smirks, “I never said we were in a relationship Sandy.” She then walks off into the hallway. Kimberly cringes she felt bad for the girl. There were rumors that Riley was hard not to like. But who would want someone such as her. All she did was sleep around with girls. She’s only been here for a week and she has already broken several girls’ heart.

Kimberly rolls her eyes and mutters, “Typical.”

Calvin turns back towards Nicole until he notice she was packing up her things. “I’m sorry Calvin I have to go check on Sandy. I told her that girl was trouble.”

“Okay.” Calvin frowns but understands. “Can I call you tonight?”

Nicole smiles and quickly scribble’s her number down on a piece of napkin. “Here” she then winks and walk off.

“Damn that Riley.” Calvin hollers. “I was about to ask her.”

Kimberly smiles and pats Calvin on the back. “I notice. But you can ask her tonight.”

“She won’t be able to hang out this weekend.”

“Why you say that.”

“Because her best friend heart just got broken so, that means they are going to do girly stuff all weekend.” Calvin groans. “Ugh girls.”

Kimberly laughs, “Are you sure you’re not gay. You know a lot about girls.”

Calvin rolls his eyes in a girly gesture and Kimberly continues to laugh. Finally the late bell ring and it was time for class.

<><> 

Kimberly sighs as she watches the clock. They only had fifth teen minutes left for chemistry. She begins to tap her feet as she sits on the stool and hums her favorite song in her head. Finally the teacher was done lecturing and now he was talking about a new project. Every student groans in the classroom when he explains how important the project is.