Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Riley rushes upstairs confused about Eliza. She could see that the blonde was really still in love with her. However, that didn’t change the fact that she left her to die. Who does that to someone you love. Riley walks into her room and crashes onto her bed. Eliza came here to see was Riley okay. That so call warning was so Violet wouldn’t figure it out but Riley knew. She knew Eliza like a book. The girl was so easily to read.

Riley groans there was no way she would ever go back with Eliza but Riley couldn’t deny her feelings. She was a little happy to know Eliza was still in love with her.

“I know that look.”

Riley looks up to see Cassandra leaning on the wall. Riley frowns she was so deep into her thoughts that she didn’t notice Cassandra at her door.

“What look?” Riley snaps.

Cassandra shakes her head in disappointment. “You still have feelings for her.”

“I’m not in love with her.”

“Who said anything about love?”

“I...I”

Cassandra puts her hand out. “Look, I’m not blaming you for still have feelings for Eliza. She was your first so I understand. Just.” Cassandra pauses. “Don’t hurt Kimberly.”

Riley rolls her eyes and says, “I thought we were over this.” Riley runs her hands through her hair. “I won’t hurt Kimberly.”

“I’m not saying you here to hurt her Riley.” Cassandra explains. “I was you once. I was trying to protect Kimberly but only hurt her in the end.”

Riley bites her lip and then frowns. She didn’t need anyone telling her to watch what she does. She knows for fact she will not hurt Kimberly. She loves Kimberly too much to even risk their relationship. Riley crosses her arms over her chest stubbornly and says, “Fine whatever Cassandra. Now can you leave?”

Cassandra grunts in annoyance and blurts, “Don’t say I didn’t warn you dragon.”

Riley sneers at the nickname. She wasn’t a human hunter anymore. Riley goes back to her bed and then falls asleep. She still felt bad from the beating she got from Violet.

<><>

Riley eyes snaps open from a little girl voice. She instantly thinks of someone but her nerves calms down when she tells herself that it was impossible. She gets up out of bed and then cringes when she glances at the clock. She over hears a conversation.

“Rue get ready for dinner.”

“But mommy I want to play for a little longer.”

“You heard what I said Rue.”

The little girl groans and Riley can’t help but open the door to see a little tanned girl looking up at her. She had hazel eyes and brown hair. Her eyebrows furrows in confusion. “I’ve never seen you before.”

“Never have I seen you.”

Rue bites her lip and then steps back. Something in her brain clicks. “You’re the human hunter.”

Riley cringes. Now the little girl will be afraid of her.

“Can I see your tattoo?”

“What?” Riley was confused now. This little girl knew too much.