Chapter 11

Hope you enjoy :) Ready for Halloween my favorite holiday

Chapter 11

There was a knock at the door that stirred Cassandra out her sleep. She groans and then runs her hand through her hair before saying, “Give me a minute.” She glances at the clock and hisses wondering who would disturb her so early in the morning. She pulls her hair back into a sloppy ponytail and then opens the door to find her mother on the other side. She bites her nail nervously and stares at her mother who she hasn’t seen in a while.

“I just wanted to come by and see you.” Victoria stated nervously. “Violet told me you wanted space but it’s been three days.”

Cassandra appreciated Violet telling her mother about her not being ready to talk. Everyday Violet would ask her when she was ready to talk to Victoria but honestly she didn’t know what to talk about. It was simple her mother thought she was dead and eventually she moved on.

“There nothing to talk about Victoria.” Cassandra specified as she saw her mother cringed at her saying her first name. Cassandra begins to stare at the carpet and think about how Victoria wasn’t meant to be called mother anymore.

“Well I was wondering if we could catch up?” Victoria asks. “I know time as passed by but I would like to know about you.”

“There’s nothing I would like to share.”

“It can be anything you a comfortable with.” Victoria pushes.

Cassandra bites her nail again and then moves to the side welcoming her mother in. Victoria walks into the guest bedroom and then sits in the nearby chair. Cassandra runs into the bathroom and washes her face and brushes her teeth. When she is done she opens the curtains making the sun light pour into the room.

“I love the sun light.” She randomly states. “When I was little I hated when the morning light awaken me but being trapped in a dark basement for so long you learn to appreciate the sunlight.”

Victoria winces and then whispers, “Cassandra I’m so sorry about how things went. I swear if I would have known you were alive I would have fought to come and save you.”

“It’s fine.” Cassandra says bluntly. “I’ve learn to just live with it.” She looks up and then stands. “Look at the bright side.” She whispers. “I’m alive and not dead.”

Victoria bites her lip at her older daughter statement. She was right she should look at the bright side but deep down she still felt guilty. There’s no telling what Virgil did to her baby and part of her wanted to know. She also wanted Virgil neck. She wanted him to suffer as bad as she has suffered these passed years. Killing her husband, making her believe she has no one left in the world.

“Look Victoria.” Cassandra starts snapping Victoria out her thoughts. “We should get ready for breakfast.”

<><> 

Downstairs Violet leans on one hip and stares at her pack who are training in the back. She then bites her lip and growls at how messy they look. “What the hell!” she screams. “You look like mutts.”

The pack continues with their drills and Olivia walks back and forth and demands, “Right...Left…now drop.” She then smirks at Violet and walks up to her. “They are getting sloppy.”