Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Mary knocks on her daughter door for the second time today. She was happy that her daughter had finally returned home but she wished her daughter would talk to her.

“I’m sleep.”

Mary sighs it was five in the evening. She’s been in bed all day.

“Catherine you need to eat something you been in bed all day.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“I’m coming in.” Mary stresses. She did not have time for her daughter games. When Catherine mother walks in she notice the entire blinds close and her red head daughter lying in the bed staring at the ceiling. Mary bites her lip and wonders what could have happen at Violet mansion.

“Talk to me.” Mary asks softly sitting at the foot of the bed.

“It happened.” Catherine starts. “Like you said it would.”

Mary sits there patiently waiting for Catherine to finish because she had no clue what her daughter was referring to.

“Olivia.” Catherine whispers and then cringes turning towards the wall. She didn’t want her mother to see her cry. It was pathetic. She was acting like a love sick teenager. She sucks in enough breath to stop the tears from running down her face and finally admits, “Olivia mated and then left to return back home.”

Mary sits there shocked. The reason she said them horrible things was because she was angry and she was wrong. She should have been supportive when Catherine told her of her love for the wolf. Now she was sitting here hating the wolf. Not because she was dating her daughter but because she broke her daughter heart. But mostly Mary was mad at herself for saying such a thing.

“I’m sorry Catherine.”

Catherine sits up and runs her hands through her hair. “No you’re not!” She hisses. “You can jump for joy if you want.”

“No Catherine.” Mary says. “I’m really sorry. I hate seeing you like this. Even though I didn’t like Olivia, Chloe, and Violet I notice how much they made you happy. You smiled more there than here. I was jealous and afraid that’s why I acted the way I did and I’m sorry Catherine.”

Catherine looks at her mother and then lies back down. “Well it doesn’t matter anymore. I will take on my responsibility here.”

Mary sighs that was not the answer she was looking for. “Can I be alone?” Mary looks at her daughter and nods her head. She didn’t know what to do.

“If you eat.”

“Fine.”

With that Mary mother get up and leaves the dark and depressing room.

<><> 

Olivia walks down stairs fully cloth ready for her journey back home. She was happy that David gave her the space she needed after the incident last night. The blonde cried all night thinking of Catherine. She wanted to call her but knew it was better if the vampire forgot about her and moved on.

When she hits the kitchen she smells a full breakfast. She looks at the table to see David little brothers eating pancakes, eggs, grits, bacon, sausage and toast. Olivia grins as she sees Kyle stealing one of Marshall pancakes. Once she sits at the table she notices how Kyle and Marshall get silent. Olivia groans, “Good Morning.”