Chapter 19

Enjoy :)

Chapter 19

Violet is awakening from the thunder and rain that’s pounding onto the window. She groans scanning the clock noticing it 2 a.m. in the morning. She stirs when she hears glass shattering outside her window which makes her slip out of bed quietly making sure she doesn’t wake Chloe up. She heads downstairs towards the noise.

Violet walks through the kitchen and out the side door to see Cassandra sitting on the cold cement and a shatter Jack Daniels bottle. Violet growls and then lifts Cassandra bridal style taking her to her room.

The alpha strips the older woman from her soaked clothes who reeks of alcohol and then goes grab a towel. She dries Cassandra the best she can as the witch mumbles, “Kimberly.” Cassandra groans and then speaks, “I want leave you again.”

Violet lies the poor girl onto the bed throwing a blanket on her bare body then heads back to her room. She then snuggles back into bed with her wife.

“Hmmm why did you leave?” Chloe whispers pulling the alpha closer.

“I heard something.” Violet replies. “I found your sister in the rain drunk.”

Chloe pulls her head up and open her tired eyes in questioning. “I’m guessing the conversation with Kimberly did not go well.”

“I guess not but we will figure it out tomorrow.” Violet whispers pulling Chloe back towards her body falling asleep.

Cassandra groans when she is hit with sunlight. Her eyes instantly burn. She blinks rapidly and groans again when a surge of pain runs through her temple. Cassandra flips on her back and pulls the sheets over her head trying to hide the sunlight. She then slaps her forehead for drinking too much last night after Kimberly kicked her out.

“Fuck.” She mumbles again and runs towards the toilet letting everything from last night pour out painfully. Once she is done she flushes the toilet and leans on the wall closing her eyes afraid to stand.

She does not know how long she sits there but after a while someone comes in and she swears they are shouting. “Could you please lower your damn voice?”

Violet laughs and then helps Cassandra up whispering since her normal voice was apparently too loud. “Drinking does not solve your problems.”

“For a while it solved mines.”

Violets instantly roll her eyes and drops Cassandra on the bed commanding, “Get your shit together and meet is down stairs for breakfast.”

Cassandra glares at Violet for yelling again. “No need I’m leaving.”

“That’s your problem Cassandra. You’re always running from your problems.”

Cassandra crosses her arms over her chest glaring up at the wolf. “I’m doing it for Kimberly. She wants me gone then that is what I will do.”

“Kimberly needs you here more than you think. Just eat breakfast and think it through before you get up and vanish again.”

“Whatever.” Cassandra mumbles lying back in the bed.

Downstairs Rue studies her book of spells during breakfast. She whines in frustration which makes her mother look up suggesting, “You have been studying all night Rue. You will do fine Tuesday when you return back to Arlandria.” Chloe smiles then kisses her daughter on the forehead grabbing the book ordering, “Now eat your breakfast and make sure you drink your milk K?