Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Riley sits in her and Kimberly room in a daze. It’s been almost five hours since they attacked her old home and since Eliza stabbed herself. Riley tried. It shouldn’t have happen that way. However, they couldn’t do anything and now Eliza was burned to the ground with her old house and Tom. She could see the love in Eliza eyes. Then she knew she could probably change Eliza mind. She could get Eliza on their side and change her into a better person. Eliza was right. She was still in love with her. That’s why it was hurting so much to close her eyes. Every time she shut her eyes she saw Eliza.

“Riley.”

The human hunter looks up and blinks several times. How long has she been out of it?

“Honey you have blood everywhere.”

Riley looks down at her hands and shirt and chokes back a sob. It was Eliza blood. Riley shuts her eyes and again she sees Eliza in her hands with blood everywhere. “I wasn’t going to hurt her Riley. I just wanted you back.”

“Riley!”

Again the black haired woman opens her eyes to see Kimberly staring back at her in worry. Kimberly pulls Riley hands and whispers, “Come on lets shower.”

Luckily, Kimberly got Riley out of her clothes and into the steaming water. Kimberly watch as Riley stood there in space. Kimberly didn’t know what had happen. She didn’t care then, she just was so happy to see Riley okay. However, for several hours Riley has been sitting in this room in bloody clothes.

Kimberly grabs the rag and begins to slowly wash Riley body.

Riley stands there and closes her eyes at the gentle touches. She hums in delight as Kimberly begins to wash her hair.

Kimberly leaves kisses here and there as she continues to wash Riley up. She washes her back and then after she is done she drops the rag and pulls Riley back into her front. She holds Riley and after several minutes Riley finally admits. “Eliza is dead.”

Kimberly bites her lip. She doesn’t speak but she knows it must be hard for Riley. She doesn’t know what she would do if one day she found out Cassandra had died.

“I was still in love with her.” Riley admits.

Kimberly chews her bottom lip. She didn’t know where this conversation was going. Was Riley breaking up with her? Was Riley going to go off with Eliza before she died?

“I kissed her.”

Now! At this instant Kimberly couldn’t take it anymore. She unwraps her arms from around Riley waist and pulls the showers curtains back and steps out the tub. She grabs a towel and walks out the bathroom slamming the door. Riley then collapses on the floor and begins to cry.

<><> 

Violet hovers over Chloe and connects their lips together again. Chloe sucks onto Violet bottom lip and smirks when then alpha grip her hip. Chloe pulls back and then flips them over so she is fully straddling the alpha. “We need names?”

“Names?”

“Yeah for our baby.”

Violet eyebrow arches and the alpha lifts up and kisses the witch. Before she could speak Chloe finger covers her lip and she whispers. “It’s never going to be a good time Violet.”

Violet stares into her wife grey eyes and the witch continues, “The world we live in will always be dangerous but we will protect our baby. You will protect our baby.” Chloe smiles. “I want to have a baby with you very soon.”