Aftermath

Mount Justice, October 23

"Raegan, I'm ready for you." Canary smiled.

I sighed walking into her room.

"It's great to see you again. How are you doing?" She asked.

I looked down at my hands between my legs.

"I..." I started but couldn't finish. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." I couldn't stop thinking about what I did to her, my parents, my friends, and everyone else on the planet.

"Raegan," she leaned forward. "You don't have to apologize. For anything. Nothing was your fault." She said. "And nobody blames you at all." She said. "You or M'gann."

I looked up at her then back down.

"Sometimes I think this ring is more of a curse than a blessing. I think my parents lie to me when they say these powers make me special." I told her.

"And why is that?"

"Well for starters I killed close to a couple billion people, who of which were my parents because of this stupid ring that gives me these stupid powers I can't control." I slouched in my chair. "And I can't just take it off cause then...

"Raegan, you have to understand, you're still a child. And these powers are still new to you, to us. And we want to make sure you are able to use them safely to not only protect others but yourself as well.. and we want to do what we can to help you and in that we went to far. Nothing is your fault. You aren't to blame for any of this." She looked at me. "Now, I understand your powers are controlled by your emotions, and you aren't even a tween yet, so... you have a lot of emotional maturing to do. And everything's going to feel crazy and I wanna help you get through this as easy as possible." She looked at me.

~

After Canary's session I was in the hanger hanging with Sphere when Superboy stormed passed us. I watched him stomp to his motorcycle and get on.

"Red Tornado hanger door!" He yelled out as the hanger door opened. Sphere rolled out of my arms and in front of Connor. "Sphere out of the way!" He shooed her away.

She made some noises at him before changing into her super cycle.

Superboy smiled looking at her. He hopped off his motorcycle and into Sphere.

"Can I come?" I asked.

"Uhh no.." He said trying to figure out the controls.

"But I can fly her look." I said flying into the front seat. I looked around trying to get a handle of the controls again. I have only done this once but it should be a piece of cake right?

"AHHH!" Superboy yelled as I flew her out the cave and through the air.

"WOO!" I laughed.

"How many times have you done this exactly?" Connor asked gripping on to Sphere.

"Just once." I smiled flying faster. I flew up through the clouds right into a flock of birds.

"How about I take the wheel." Connor said taking the handles. I moved to the back with wolf. "Let's see what our boy can do." He said flying in a giant loop.

"I told you she's a girl!" I yelled out as the wind rang through my ears.

"I think it's a matter of opinion!" He smiled once we were right side up again. "Whoa!" He said abruptly stopping Sphere in front a flying ship. There were five people who looked... other worldly.

"Return the New Genesphere. And the rest of the technology you have stolen from New Genesis humans." One of guys in the ship said to us making Connor and I look at each other.