Nearing the End

December 30, Washington D.C

Hall of Justice,

The team and I sat inside watching as new League members were announced to the public. New members like Red Arrow, Elongated Man and Icon. And with Icon came his sidekick. Rocket. She's amazing. And so nice.

"I'm glad they didn't kick Billy out." Wally said smiling. "And I love the fact that there's a ten year old on the league. Maybe Raegan'll be the next one of us to be promoted-" Wally said as Robin elbowed him. "Ow!"

"Ten year old? On the league?" Rocket asked.

"Way to keep a secret genius." Robin said looking at him.

"Hey, she's on The Team now right?" He asked eating his apple.

We continued watching the news as they announced the new League members.

"You know, I was the one who convinced Icon to become a hero in the first place. I should've be out there celebrating with him, not hidden away in here." Rocket complained.

"Welcome to our world." Kaldur looked at her.

"Well, I suppose there's an upside too." She looked at Kaldur.

I could feel her feelings for him. They weren't by any means deep or too strong, but they were there.

I took a deep breath. Be calm Raegan.

We continued to at hing the news as they announced Red arrows induction into the league.

"Way to go Roy!"

"At last he has his wish."

"The first of us to make it. No one will call him a sick kick anymore." Robin smiled.

"Wait, since when is being a sidekick a bad thing?" Rocket asked. You side kicks were my inspiration." She added.

"Well six months ago it-" Robin was cut off by his watch beeping. "We gotta run, Cheshire's been spotted at the Ashfield Regional Airport." He said as we all stood up and made our way to the exit.

~

Once we met up with the rest of the team we flew the bioship to the location of Cheshires plane.

"Approaching Cheshires jet." Miss M said lowering the bio ship.

We all looked in shock. I felt waves of emotions coming from all directions. It was way to overwhelming. I took a deep breath doing my best to clear my head.

"Looks like there were no survivors." Miss M said as we landed.

We went down to the plane crash and looked around.

"How come homeland security and NTSB aren't all over this?" Wally asked.

"Cheshire's ID was a league alert. Authorities didn't pick it up. And her jet didn't follow the it's flight plan. Flew under the radar. Literally." Robin explained. "But the watch tower auto tracked the jet and recorded the crash."

"Then why isn't the league here?" Rocket asked.

I walked around searching for any sign of life. To see if I could feel any life energy. But all the emotions were messing with my powers. I could hardly feel the energy of the team.

"Because our Boy Wonder has some mighty hacking skills and arranged to get the alert first." Zatanna smiled.

"And because Cheshire and that case represent our unfinished business." Kaldur said.

Superboy picked up a piece of the plane and threw it.

"Where are the bodies?" He asked.

"Here's one." We heard Cheshire.

We all looked up at her standing above us.

"And it is stunning." She said proudly.

"Midnight a little heads up on the literally person above us would've been nice." Kid flash said looking at me.

"My powers have been a little off the walls lately if you do remember." I said looking at him.

"I am Flora, not fauna, I am foliage, not trees. What am I?" We looked up some more and saw Riddler and his band of bad guys with apocalyptic weapons.

Riddler snapped his fingers making these things appear out of the ground. I didn't even know what to call them. But they made a force field around us.

"Hey come on, you can get this." He teased. "I am shrubbery, not grass. What am I.." he smiled deviously. "I..."

"Ambush." Robin finished the riddle.

"Didn't you  think we'd be tipped you were on Cheshires trail?" He asked looking down at us. "We're tired of your interference kiddies. This is the end game. Ordered from above and executed by their master strategist, moi."

"Miss Martian is everyone linked?" I heard Aqualad in my head.

"Yes" Miss M responded.

"Go."

I followed Aqualad's instructions flying up into the air I was pushed back a little by Zatanna casting a blizzard spell. But I got used to the wind pressure. I used my energy construct to grab two of the guys when I was kicked out of the sky by Cheshire. I was about to hit the ground when Superboy caught me. He put me down and went to go after Cheshire when Blockbuster tackled him. I covered my face from the debris that came from the crushing rocks of their fight.

All of a sudden I felt something on my back and before I knew it I was being stun. It's the same feeling from when Superboy and me fought those guys with the new gods. I screamed out in pain as I did my best to get it off.

"Aww little girl in over her head." One of the guys said before I saw him get knocked out by Wally. Wally ran back and helped get this thing off my back by braking it.

"Midnight you okay?"  He asked telepathically.

"I'm fine. Don't worry," I felt my powers doing their best to heal me. I just feel so off my game. I took a deep breath. "Come on Midnight." I said under my breath.

"SB you're flying!"

I flew up and looked at the battle under me. I felt myself get angrier and angrier. I focused my powers in one direction making a blast of energy leave my eyes. I destroyed the entire top of the mountain making it all come falling down. I was watching it all come down on top of everyone even The Team. I watched Superboy fly past me with Mammoth in his hand. He threw him up and used laser vision to blast him into the force field.

That's when I realized it was Connor. I'm feeling his anger. And it's so much more overwhelming than usual. It was making lose control of my powers. I- I couldn't stop.

The energy kept escaping from my eyes. I just couldn't help it!

"Guys!" I looked down. I saw my blasts almost hit Zatanna. "I can't stop it!" I yelled out.

"Raegan!" I heard M'gann in my head. "Please focus on calming down!"

"I- I can't! It's Connor! It's too much!" I said. I looked and she was just clearing the rocks. As the rest of the team stopped the bad guys. I closed my eyes in hopes that it'll stop it but it didn't. I did the only thing I could and opened a hole to my black space.

I fell through and closed it. I was breathing heavily as my eyes stopped glowing and releasing my powers.

I looked around me and felt so at peace. I remember why I stayed in here so long. I'm at peace...