Unknown power

"I don't understand Wally," M'gann spoke as we continued our journey on through the snowy abyss. "It's like he needs to believe the impossible can't happen."

"Wally uses his understanding of science to control what he cannot comprehend." Kaldur told her. "Acknowledging the existence of magic would be to relinquish the last vestige of that control." He told her.

We stopped when a door appeared on one of the mountains with stairs leading up to it.

We went inside which led us into a room of stair cases, which was also upside down making us fall in. Well all of us except Megan.

When I looked around we were met with Artemis and Wally and Kent Nelson.

"Friends of yours?" Kent looked back at Wally while Artemis helped us up.

Just then a blast came from a man and a teenage boy holding a cat.

"Friends of yours?" Wally teased moving Nelson out the way before another blast hit him.

We jumped out of the way before the blast could hit us.

I was lying on the ground when suddenly I flew up off the ground into mid air uncontrollably. I screamed as I floated above ground. I thought it was my powers acting strange again but I could feel it wasn't me doing this.

"You!" The teenage boy looked at me smiling. I heard a bell ring then felt my body be pulled somewhere. I looked and I was going right towards a giant bell. I closed my eyes and put up a shield to brace for impact, but I went right through the bell. When I looked around me I saw Wally, Kent Nelson and the teenage boy.

I dropped to the ground. I looked up seeing the helmet of Fate floating in the air. And the witch boy standing above me. Mr. Nelson was just about to grab the helmet when the boy struck him with red lightning.

I  tried to use my powers to blast him but they wouldn't work.

Mr. Nelson gripped his stick and chanted these weird words before hitting his stick down creating a shield around he and Wally.

"No!" The boy yelled out. He turned to look at me.

"No, Raegan!" Wally said banging on the shield.

"If you're going to do this the hard way, then we'll do this the hard way." He giggled. He held his hand up towards me saying a bunch of weird words.

"The girl is the perfect conduit for dark energy! And Once I destroy you and have the helmet for myself I'll be unstoppable with her by my side!"

I felt my body getting overwhelmed by an intense power I was feeling all of a sudden. I couldn't move or anything.

I looked at Wally and he was holding Mr. Nelson's body. He looked at the helmet then me.

"Wally..." I said before everything went black.
-
-
-

When I had finally came to Doctor fate was standing over me. "Wha.. what happened?" I looked at him.

"You were pulled into your space of darkness in order for the witch to use you a conduit for dark energy." He looked down at me.

Wally- er um Doctor Fate looked at me. He held his hand out to help me up.

"Thank you." I said to him. I looked at my hands trying to create a construct of a ball. My powers glitched in my hand but I wasn't able to make anything. "My powers have been acting crazy ever since I entered your tower, will I be stuck like this forever?" I looked up at him.

"You have many metaphysical abilities. Abilities that do not abode well with magic. My tower has dumbfounded those abilities such as any magic would do to your powers. You have yet to even scratch the surface of your powers." He looked at me. "But that subject is for another time, I must rid of the trespassers in my tower." He said opening a portal to see where the others were.

They were in these electrical cages screaming in pain as the older guy looked at them smiling.

Doctor Fate said a spell and removed his clothes leaving him in just his underwear.

"Shows over." Superboy stood up punching him to the ground.

I smiled at Superboy knocking him out. "We did it." I looked at Doctor Fate. He was staring off into nothing.

"Doctor Fate.." I looked at him.

He continued staring a little longer until Wally took the helmet off.

I smiled hugging him. He looked at me smiling before turning to look at Mr. Nelson's body.

He walked over to his body, putting something in his hand. I walked up behind him placing my hand on his shoulder.

I looked at him giving him a warm smile.

~

Getting back to the cave I found that my powers were completely back to normal. I thought about what Doctor Fate told me, about not even scratching the surface of my powers. It makes me wonder, what exactly can I do?

Once M'gann landed the biosphere, like clockwork there my mom was waiting for me.

After every mission, mom or dad wait in the cave for me to get back. Then they walk home with me from the zeta location.

Dad never talks about it but he says my powers are unique, that even his power ring isn't as much to handle. Which, I know they're different, well... I don't know. The only thing I "know" is that his power ring is green and mine is black. He never talks about the powers my ring holds. I think if I knew, it'll help me get a better hold of my powers and how to use them. And what makes me a conduit, and what for. So many questions.