Thanksgiving gift

(This chapter was very rushed and not my best writing, I'm soooo sorry guys the next chapter will be so much better promise)

November 23, Metropolis

"John, it's been a day already. What if she never comes back?" Shayera looked at John as she held the charm in her hand.

If you would have just let me go to the 666 sector we probably would have had her back by now-"

"But at what cost?"

"At the cost that our daughter would be here!" He slammed his first into the wall of their bedroom.

Just then the charm began glowing.

"John!" Shayera caught his attention. There was a low mumbling coming from the charm. "Raegan? Raegan it's us. Please come back to us." She spoke.

"This isn't working. We should have made Fate go in there himself-"

John was cut off by the charm levitating into the air. It started glowing so bright they both covered their eyes and then hearing something hit the floor. When they opened their eyes Raegan was lying on the floor beside them.

"Raegan?" Shayera rushed to help her up. She hugged her tightly.

"Where have you been? I- we, were worried. You can't just go off like that!" John yelled.

"John!" Shayera scolded him. "Wherever you were, we're just happy that you're back now." She looked at Raegan. She had no expression. She seemed different. "You are back aren't you?"

Raegan looked at her mom. She took a deep breath. "I'm back mom." She hugged her.

~

November 25, Mount Justice,

Raegan POV

I walked into the cave and felt different. Better, I think. I think spending time in my dark space really helped me to control my emotions. And in turn control my powers. If I keep my emotions calm I'll have a better handle on my powers. I'll be able to keep a handle on feeling others emotions too.

"Do you want to talk about.. anything? You kinda just disappeared on us." Robin looked at me as I sat on the floor next to Sphere.

"Not really. I think I just needed to get away. I had time to put everything behind me. The failsafe, that alien scientist, Garfield.. other stuff. I had to take a break. Get better control of my powers you know?"

"Well, yea but-"

"Sphere let's go." Connor said.

"Wait you're not staying?" I stood up as Connor walked out with Wolf and Sphere.

"Can't gotta walk Wolf." He said walking out of the hanger door.

Robin and I looked at each other.

~

"Thanksgiving turkey is all finished."Zatanna said opening up the oven.

"Smells great Zatanna." M'gann said walking over to her. "Okay everyone, foods' ready!" M'gann smiled. She used her powers to set the table, put all the food onto the table and pull the chairs out. "Come! sit." She said excitedly. She walked over to the table.

Robin, Zatanna and I walked to the table and sat down.

"It's a shame the rest of the team couldn't be here." Zatanna said.

"I think they'd rather spend the holidays with their families. You know like normal people." I said as I took a seat.

They each looked at me.

"I wish Connor could've been here." M'gann said in an attempt to ease the stiff air.

"The Bats have a thanksgiving tradition, before we eat every one goes around the table and say what they're thankful for."

"I'll start." M'gann said happily. "I'm thankful for my uncle J'onn, cause if it weren't for him I wouldn't have been able to come to earth and meet you all. You guys are my second family." She concluded.

"I guess I'll go next, I'm thankful for you guys as well, after losing my dad," I felt Zatanna's emotions. They were strong but I kept it under wraps. "You guys are my family." She said looking at us all.

Robin and I looked at each other for one to go next. "I guess I'll go," I said. "I'm thankful for, my parents and thankful that they let me to be on a team with you all. I've never really had a big family. Or sisters or brothers, and now I feel like I do." I smiled.

"Well I guess it's my turn. I'm thankful for the overwhelming opportunity to fight beside some amazing people. The Bat family will always be my first home but you guess are definitely runner up." Robin smiled.

We each raised our glasses before taking a sip. We began eating and talking amongst ourselves. It feels great spending time with the team. Like normal again. I've been wanting to get back to feeling normal ever since I came out of my black space.

But I'll just focus on this moment. On this feeling.