False Reality

Mount justice, October 16

I saw them. I watched them all be disintegrated into thin air. But I had to remember it wasn't real. It was so hard to remember it wasn't real.

"Red tornado to cave." I heard over the intercom, taking me out of my thoughts. I noticed I had a tear forming and quickly wiped it away. "I fear I am all that remains of the league." He said.

"RT!" Robin yelled before he was evaporated before our eyes.

"We are earths hero's now." Aqualad told us.

I know the situation is to keep getting worse but this, this is something out of a nightmare.

"So what are we waiting for? A theme song?" Conner asked.

"A strategy." Aqualad responded. "Earths weapons are ineffective. It has been made tragically clear a direct attack will not succeed."

"Checking satellite imagery." Robin said pulling up his computer. "Here's where the aliens are now." Robin said pulling up the world map.

"This one get lost?" I asked pointing to a lone ship.

"It's Superman's fortress of solitude."

"Superman has a fortress of solitude?" Superboy asked.

"It's power source must've attracted the aliens attention, at least enough to send a scout ship to investigate." Robin told us.

"We will target this lone ship." Aqualad told us.

"Yea, break it down. Build more. Hit those ugly aliens with their own mojo." Wally said.

Artemis hit him. "Martian and Kyrptonian in the house."

"Uh not that all aliens are automatically ugly." Wally stated trying to save face.

~

We all loaded onto the bioship and headed to Superman's fortress in the Arctic.

We switched to Arctic stealth and began our attack. Miss Martian flew over to the ship and used her powers to break down the ship.

"Communications disabled. Palpation disabled." She said telepathically.

Artemis shot a foaming arrow at the entrance of the ship.

"And ET's are sealed inside." She said as the disintegration beam began shooting everywhere.

Aqualad jumped out from underneath the ship and on top of it. The ship pointed the beam at him making wolf attack and aim it away from him. The rest of us sprung into action to remove the beam from the ship to latch it to the bio ship.

"Identifying weapon structural point and links to the ship." Robin said looking at his computer. "Here, here and here." He said pointing to three different parts of the beam. I created three different energy constructs of nails. I placed the nails in each of the places Robin pointed out and made a hammer construct and giving one giant hit to each of the nails breaking the link between the weapon and the ship.

This allowed Superboy to break the weapon off. With all that was happening no one noticed until it was too late. Wolf pushed Superboy out of the way before a lose part of the beam was able to disintegrate him, getting wolf instead.

"There was no indication of feedback. Sorry." Robin said looking at him.

"Can't do anything for him now." Superboy said going back over to the weapon and pulling it off.

Remember Raegan this isn't real. None of this is real. Wolf is fine. I took a deep breath before flying back over to the bio ship with the others.

M'gann prepped the Bioship for the alterations.

I sat on top of the bio ship until I saw ships flying over us.

"Miss Martian open fire!" Aqualad yelled.

"Can't! Weapon systems are offline to incorporate the new cannon, and that's not fully integrated either!"

"Midnight take out the ships weapons!" Aqualad yelled out.

I flew up and began shooting at the ships. I took one of the ships out but the other one got away from me.

"Gotcha covered! Get inside! I'm almost there!" Artemis yelled as she shot at the other ship taking it down. I flew back to the bio ship.

Artemis began running back to the ship. "Artemis behind you!" I heard M'gann yell. I turned right as Artemis was disintegrated before our very eyes.

"ARTEMIS!" M'gann yelled out loud.

"This can't be real.." I said as my mind started to get confused. "Artemis, my parents.. They're all gone. It didn't feel real until now." I said aloud.

"There will be time to mourn later." I heard Aqualad say snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at him noticing the tears on my face. "Now we have a job to do, defend the earth. And ensure Artemis's sacrifice was not in vain."

"Back to the cave?" M'gann asked.

"The hall of justice. The human race must know that there are still heroes defending them. There is still hope." He said as we made our way to the hall. When we got there it was a war zone. US military vs the alien war ships. Superboy hopped out taking down one of the ships as the bioship blasted the rest.

We unloaded off of the bioship and was met with a cheering crowd of soldiers.

"I'm not Superman." Superboy said turning around.

"I don't know who you are son, and right now, I don't care." One of the soldiers told him. "You wear the S and you got the job done." He told him.

"I'm not Superman." Superboy said lowly.

"Tell that to the enemy. General Wade ealy. US Air Force." He said turning to Aqualad.

"Aqualad, Justice league, we'll help you salvage many of the aliens cannons as possible. Then we start taking back what is ours."

We walked into the Hall of Justice. It felt so.. empty. There was so little energy. I've visited with my parents before there were so many people... it was so lively... And now.. I found myself whimpering a little. At the thought of everyone being gone.

Wally walked over to me putting his hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him wiping a tear.

M'gann flew over Martian Manhunter's statue and cried over it.

She gasped and flew up removing the statue revealing Martian Manhunter.

"Uncle J'onn!"