Solo Mission

September 16, Mount Justice,

"This is a total drag." I said sitting next to Sphere. While my parents are prepping to move, because they feel so bad, they're letting me spend a lot more time at the cave.

But down side, missions have been scarce.

At this point I'll take about anything. I walked into the mission debriefing room just as Batman finished up explaining the mission M'gann and Connor were prepping to go on. Undercover in a prison I believe.

"Get in, stop them, and get out." Batman told them.

They began walking to the bio ship along with Aqualad and Red Tornado.

"Um.. Batman?" I walked up to him. "You don't think you'd have a mission for me do you?"

He looked at me for a second before looking back at the computer.

"Reports just came in ten minutes ago about a feral alien creature tormenting residents of a small Nevada town. Reports say the alien is rampaging through the town. The league is stretched thin. Your mission, stop it from doing anymore damage then league officials will bring it in for questioning." I nodded. "Maintain radio communication at all time."

"I get it, you need to keep watch on the weakest link." I folded my arms.

"No, I need to make sure a valuable member of my team is safe at all times." He looked at me before turning back to the computer. "I'll send you the coordinates."

"But the bioship isn't here. How will I get there?" I asked concerned.

Sphere rolled up to me nudging me a little.

"Not now." I told her shooing her away. She nudged me harder making me fall forward a little. "Hey.." I said looking at her. She opened up from a sphere into this cool looking... super cycle thing. "I think I know how I'm going to get there." I smiled looking at her.

~

"Okay Batman.. I'm here..." I said landing at his coordinates. I flew out of Sphere and onto the ground. "The town looks completely abandoned." I said looking around. It was like those old western movie towns. With the whole timber-weed esq.

I looked around some more going into the sheriff station. "Hello..." I said looking around. Completely empty. I was about to walk out when a huge blast came my way. The blast just barely missed me but still sent me flying back into the building, hitting the desk that stood there.

I got up quickly running back outside. I saw a man.. thing with white skin and black hair, and red eyes. He was on a flying bike with someone passed out in the passengers seat. It must be a resident.

I made an energy construct of a giant hammer trying to hit him with it but he kept moving.

"Lobo's got what he needs, I'm gone." He said taking off. I shot out one of the engines making the ship plummet to the ground. I flew down to him sending blasts his way only to be hit and sent flying back with a large metal object.

I shook my head getting a hold of my self.

I've got to save that person.

I got up making the giant hammer again. I held it over him and quickly slammed it down on top of him only for him to break it before my very eyes, sending me flying back.

"Nice try little girl, but Lobo's got skill against black lantern rings, I've took down users who are even stronger than you." He said walking up to me dragging his huge blade behind him. "I've never slayed a black lantern before though. I'm gonna enjoy this." He said lifting up his blade before Sphere came to the rescue shooting at him. The shots weren't doing much but they were holding him back. I got up and ran to his ship to get the person who was passed out in the passengers seat.

But... it wasn't a person at all. It was another alien? Their skin was a pale green. Not like a Martian. Different.

"Midnight to Batman I-" I gasped when the other alien, Lobo, was nearly a hair away from slicing my arm off. He readied to attack again making me jump out of the way with the other alien. Laid the alien down putting a shield around them. I flew up over Lobo. I didn't wait for him to make a move. Like Canary said, 'acting, never reacting'.

I flew towards him at full speed right as he held his sword up ready to attack. I shielded myself flying right into him, sending him flying back as Sphere blasted him into his ship, knocking him out. I ran over to the alien to check on them. I took down the shield and rested their head on my lap.

They started to awake a few moments later.

"What! Who.. who are you?" They jolted up and backed away from me.

"I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to help." I smiled. "What's your name?" I asked.

"That's not important now, they're coming. I must warn the people of earth." They got up. They ran over the saloon. Sphere and I followed after them.

"Wha- I- who's coming?" I asked walking into the seemingly small saloon. The outside was a complete dump, but the inside.. there were a arrangement of computers and tracking systems. I looked around at everything.

There was a cloaking system set up to simulate a small Nevada town. Along with communication systems and a bunch of other stuff.

"This was never a town. You, you were cloaking it. You made the call to the Justice league." I looked at them type away at their computer. "What does he, Lobo want with you. Who is he? And who are you?" I asked.

"Lobo, is an intergalactic bounty hunter. And I am  a reach scientist." She said checking the monitors.

"Reach..." I said still confused as ever. "I'm going to radio the League, they can help, they'll know what to-" I was cut off by a huge blast hitting the scientist into the computers.

"See you some other time, little girl." Lobo said dropping a bomb before flying away. I grabbed the scientist, putting a shield around us and Sphere as the blast went off.

"Hey.. miss?.." I looked at her.

"You must alert the people of earth.. the Reach.. they're...." She looked me in my eyes before she could finish. I knew she was gone. I shed a tear before radioing Batman. "Midnight to Batman, I need League assistance."

"Did you locate and apprehend the alien?" He asked.

"Yes, well.. one of them." I said wiping another tear. "There were complications regarding the mission." I sighed looking at the computer. "And something I think you should see."