Today is the day

Raegan Stewart

Age: 9

Alias: Midnight

Birthday: December 27th
~

~

~

~

July 4,

Raegan,

Today is the day! Today is the day that mom and dad finally takes me out on one of their missions. They've gone over all the mission rules I'm to follow. It cannot be a mission the league is involved in. It's a non violent mission, I'm to only watch from the sidelines and to not use my powers unless absolutely necessary. Which I could agree to. As long as I'm there.l and I was suited up and ready.

I went out into the living room to find mom and dad going out the door and my aunt Lynn sitting on the couch.

"Wait. Where you guys going?" I asked.

"Honey, we have justice league matters to attend to. I'm sorry but we'll have to reschedule your first mission." My mom said hugging me. "Your aunt Lynn is going to watch after you while we're gone."

"But moooom. That's not fair." I whined.

"Raegan it's not up for debate. This is for your safety,  league missions are too dangerous for you." Dad said sternly.

"Come on please. I can do this. I'll keep control of my powers and-"

"No Raegan. You are to stay in the house where we know you're safe." My father said.  "And remember you're not allowed to use your powers when we're not here."

I sighed feeling defeated. "Fine.." I said going back to my room. I watched mom and dad fly away to wherever they were going. I heard them speaking about the mission as they flew away. Something about stopping someone from blocking out the sun.

"Ugh, this is so lame. They're never going to take me seriously as a superhero if I never get to go out and be a superhero." I said plopping down on my bed. Just then I got an idea.

I'll find out where their justice league mission is and I'll help them stop it. That'll show them. They'll know that I'm finally ready to be an actual superhero. Maybe they'll even let me be apart of the justice league!

I flew downstairs to find the spare league communicators that mom and dad keep in the house. I paired them to mom and dads communicators and then synced it to my phone so I was able to track them. I then flew out my window and began following their trail.

As I was looking to find mom and dad I seen a burning building.

"I could have this fire out in no time." I said to myself.  I flew down to the building and went inside making sure everyone was out. I flew from the first floor to the second seeing that everyone was out until I noticed someone go down the elevator. I flew over to go see if they were okay to notice the elevator wasn't even there and there were way too many floors on the elevator shaft to belong to a two story building. In the darkness I noticed three boys going down the line. I quietly followed them down to the floor they stopped on.

"I'm at the end of my rope." One of the boys said. He then began swinging his body to lunge himself onto the edge of the floor. "Bypassing security.. there! Go." He said, letting one of the other boys know to pry open the elevator doors. "Welcome to project Cadmus."

"Kid wait!" I heard one of them yell out in a whisper.

Once they were all far enough away I followed them until I seen these really big weird looking alien creatures. One of the smaller aliens flashed a light from its two horns.