Mission to Qurac

November 22, Metropolis,

I was sitting at my desk writing in the journal my mom gave me. My last entry was how cool it was that I got to fight side by side with my mom and uncle Carter. And not to mention how awesome I was! I think I'm really getting a hold of my powers.

I flipped to the first few pages and looked at my moms last entry.

This strange world of humans never cease to amaze me. They have incredible might and resilience. They remind me of my brothers and sisters on Thanagar-

"Raegan, honey." My mom came in my room, fully opening my slightly open door.

"Yea mom?" I looked at her.

"Don't forget to pack for our trip next week." She said sitting on my bed. She spread her wings a little. I've always wanted wings like my mom. I think they're beautiful and amazing.

"I won't. I can't wait to see Thanagar. I've read your earlier entries," I took the journal off of the desk and flew over to her and sat on the bed. "And Thanagar seems like such an amazing place. Do baby Thanagarians really have the wingspan of two times their height?"

She laughed. "Most do, but the late bloomers like your aunt Hildegard don't don't get a wingspan that wide until they hit puberty." She laughed.

"Aunt Hildy was a late bloomer? But her wings are even bigger than yours!" I looked at her in shock.

She chuckled. "Crazy, isn't it?"

"I wish I was full Thanagarian, then I'd have pretty wings like you." I flew over her.

"Wel- Raegan-" she started but was cut off by my communicator.

"Batman to Raegan, mission debriefing in ten." Batman said over the com link.

"Right, I'll be there right away." I said back to him. I closed my journal and sat it on my desk.

I used my ring to change into the black lantern attire.

"Wait, Raegan, I just want to say this before you go," she crouched down to me and put her hands on my shoulders. "You don't need to be full Thanagarian to be like me. You're perfect just the way you are okay?"

"I know mom." I smiled before hugging her. I let go and opened a black space on the wall of my room. I walked through making the hole close. I opened another space and came out in the cave.

I immediately felt sphere coming towards me. I turned and opened my arms as she rolled over to me.

"Hey girl..." I laughed.

I walked to the mission room to see the rest of the team there besides Artemis and Kaldur.

"Good," Batman looked at me. "Now that everyone is here we can start."

Batman went over the mission specifics before sending us off the Biyalia.

~

"Sooo. Team leader, pretty exciting huh?" I smiled at Robin as we rode in the bioship.

"I- I dunno." He said quickly. He looked down at the map. "We're right above the Quraci- Biyalian border." Robin said.

"A border, the Biyalians are in a process of ignoring." KF stated as we flew over a farm. We saw tanks and solders  break down the fence to the farm and going right for the wildebeests.

"No opposition." Superboy plainly stated looking down. "Guess Harjavti really is in bed with Bialya."

"Wouldn't expect opposition here. It's an animal sanctuary." Robin said after Superboy.

"The Logan Animal Sanctuary?" Miss M asked quickly.

"You've heard of it?" Robin asked looking at her.

"Guys the tanks have caused a stampede." Wally said. "With civilians in harms way." He added.

"I see them, a woman and a small boy."

"We have to help them!" I sat up making the seatbelt fall off of me.

"We're way off mission here." Robin said. He looked away before looking back at us. "Deploy. But stealth mode." He said. "If the Bialyans know we hit 'em this becomes an international incident." He said sternly.

I opened a black space at the top of the Bio ship. I quickly flew through opening another space right in front of the woman and the boy. I watched the wildebeests get closer and when they got close enough I put a shield around the the three of us and the animal they were helping. I thought the wildebeests would've ran around my shield but they started running into it.

It startled me so bad I lost concentration and my shield broke. I gasped as Superboy jumped in front of us and grabbed a wildebeest slamming it down onto the ground making the wildebeests run around it and us.

Superboys attack cause the animal the woman and the boy were helping to get up and run away.

"Oryx!" The boy yelled out as the animal ran into the stampede.

Only for the animal to be levitated to safety into the sky.

Once the stampede passed, I turned to the boy and the woman.

"Are you both alright?" I asked. KF and Robin ran up behind then making them turn around.

"Mom? Mom! Mom! We were just saved by Robin and Kid Flash!" The boy said.

Superboy and I looked at each other in irony.

"Well Superboy, Miss M and Midnight helped too." KF said.

"Oryx!" The boy ran to the animal as Miss M put it down.

"We diverted the Bialyans around the sanctuary." Robin told the woman. "You should be safe now."

"Uh yea, coast is clear, Miss M, you can de- Camo now." Kid flash said, making Miss M appear from camouflage mode.

"H-hi." She said shyly.

"You may have made things worse." The woman stated. Bialyan border crossings are a way of life here. Usually they wreck a few fences and move on. Engaging them might have made us a target." She stated.

"Mooom, uncool." The boy said. He looked about my age. It feels like I never see normal kids anymore. Kids my age that don't turn into superpowered heros or that don't attend some super stuck up prep school. He seemed so normal. I used my powers to see his aura and it was bright green.

"I'm sorry." She sighed. "I should thank you." The woman looked at us. "This is my son, Gardfield. I'm-"

"Marie Logan!" Miss M cut her off. "I can't believe I'm actually meeting you in person!" She said excitedly. Uh, I- I've uh.. admired your stance on animal rights for years." She told her.

"You've only been on earth six months." Superboy stated telepathically.

"The oryx is sick." Marie said running over to the wildebeest. "And I think you injured this wildebeest." She said petting it.

"Uh. Sorry?" Superboy said as genuinely as he could.

Marie stood up walking back over to us. "I suppose it was unavoidable. But both need to go to our clinic."

"The boys can do that!" Miss M shouted.

"Someone's excited." I teased.

"You can come with Midnight and I to uh.. fix your fences."

"That's not exactly our-" Robin started.

"Robin!" "Please mom!" Gardfield and Miss M said at the same time.

"Ugh, fine." Marie and Robin said in unison.