A real mission

"You must awake!" I heard a voice in my head bringing me back to consciousness.

"What! What do you want?!" I heard Kf yell, I looked and he was in a staring contest with superboy . "Quit staring you're creeping me out!" He yelled.

"Uh Kf, how bout we not tic off the guy who can fry us with a look." Robin said.

"We only sought to help you." Aqualad said.

"Yea! We free you and you turn on us." Kid flash said.

"Guys I don't think he's in control of his actions." I told them.

"Well what if... what if I'm not?" The superboy said.

"He can talk?" Kf asked surprised.

"Yes, he can." Superboy said back obviously annoyed.

"Not like I said it."

"The genomorphs taught you. Telepathically." Aqualad stated.

"They taught me much." Superboy told us. "I can read, write. I know the names of things."

"But have you seen them?" Robin asked. "Have they ever actually let you see the sky or the sun?"

"Images are implanted in my mind. But.. no. I have not seen them."

"Do you know what you are? Who you are?"Aqualad asked.

"I am the Superboy. A genomorph, a clone made with the dna of the Superman, created to replace him should he perish, to destroy him should he turn from the light."

"To be like Superman, is a worthy aspiration. But like Superman you deserve a life of your own, beyond that source, beyond your pod, beyond Cadmus." Aqualad told him.

"I live because of Cadmus!" Superboy yelled angrily. "It is my home!"

"Your home is test tube. We can show you the sun." Robin said.

"Uhh, I'm pretty sure it's after midnight. But we can show you the moon." Kf said.

"We can show you. Introduce you, to Superman."

Just then a door opened followed by the voice of a man. "No. They can't. They'll be otherwise occupied. Activate the cloning process."

"Pass." Robin called out. "Batcaves crowded enough."

"And get the weapon back in its pod!" The scientist yelled to guardian.

"Hey! How come he gets to call supey an it?" Kf whined.

"Help us." Aqualad looked at him with pleading eyes. I could feel Superboy's emotions and if I'm correct he felt sympathetic. And sad.

"Don't start thinking now." The scientist said as a genomorph hopped off of his shoulder onto superboys. That's when I felt the emotions he had earlier all go away. "See, you're not a real boy, you're a weapon and you belong to me! To Cadmus." He corrected himself. "Same thing. Now get back to your pod!"

As Superboy left the room these metal things began to extend from the pod and I was about to energy blast my way out until the metal things connected with my body and began to electrocute me along with the guys. A few seconds later Superboy returned back breaking off the door stopping the electricity.

I took a moment to catch my breathe before energy blasting my way out. I landed on the floor right as Superboy walked up in front of me.

"You here to help us or fry us?" Kf asked him.

Superboy looked at him for a moment. "Huh, I don't seem to have heat vision so I suppose my only option is helping you." He said putting a hand out and helping me up. I took his hand standing up right as Robin set himself free.