Out in the open

"No!" I yelled. I opened a hole back to the team. I fell through onto the Bio ship.

"Raegan!" They said looking at me.

Artemis stood up helping me to my feet.

"Raegan, where'd you go? We were worried." She said helping me to a seat.

"I... I know. I just.. actually it doesn't matter. I'm better now." I said looking down.

"Like for good or.." Wally asked making Robin elbow him.

"No, not for good. But.. right now, there are more important matters." I said turning away from them.

~

We got back to the cave and was sent immediately to speak to Batman.

"Tell me if this sounds familiar, you hacked league systems, disobeyed protocol and endangered your lives. And your initiative resulted in the capture of three escaped felons. Proving warden Strange runs Belle reve as a cover for criminal activity." Batman looked at us before giving a slight smile. "Well done." He said making us all look up at him. "And then there's this. He and Icon walked up to the brief case. "Bio technology integrated with some form of nano circuitry."

Icon picked up one of the nano bots. "Though I am unfamiliar with this species the bio component is clearly not of earth."

We'll take it to the watch tower for further study." Batman said closing the case and walking to the zeta tube.

I went to walk off when Artemis pulled me back.
"Raegan, you know you can talk to me about anything on your mind. Or.. how your feeling." She said smiling at me. "If you ever need a emotional anchor, I'm always here."

"Yea, I know. Thanks Artemis." I gave her a fake smile.

"You realize we were set up." Robin said once the adults left getting our attention.

"Yes, Cheshire and Riddler were tipped and ready for us." Aqualad said.

"Not the mole thing again." Artemis said walking back over to them.

"Mole thing? Again?" Rocket asked.

"We had intel that there was a traitor on the team." Wally told her.

"Mainly Artemis, M'gann or me." Conner said walking passed us to Rocket.

"It is more complicated than that." Aqualad touched his shoulder. Conned brushed his hand off. He was getting angry again. Like at the mountains. "But your recent behavior does concern me."

"Yea, me too. Cause it's messing with my powers. You're anger is worse than normal." I followed him as he walked away. Connor stopped and held his temple as he crouched down.

"Superboy?"

"There's something I need to do, something I need to tell you. Last month on Thanksgiving, I went back to Cadmus found a few things out. When I was cloned, only half my dna was Superman's the other half was human, that's why I don't have, will never have full Kryptonian powers." Super boy told us.

"You sure, cause you sure seemed to have them today." Robin said slyly.

"I've been using these." He lifted up his sleeve. There was a black patch in the Krypton symbol. "Shields. They suppress my human DNA. I get the flight the heat vision but I think I also get angry. Well, angrier. I'm sorry." He said looking at me.

"Where did you get those?" Kaldur asked.

"From my human father, Lex Luther." We all looked at him with wide eyes.

"Lex Luther... is your dad?"

"He summoned me to Santa Prisca." He said before Artemis sighed.

"Listen, Superboy is not the only one suffering from bad DNA." She said going to the computer. She pulled up Cheshire, Sportsmaster and Huntresses ID stats. "My mother is Huntress, an ex con. The rest of my family aren't even ex. My dads Sportsmaster. And he's sending my sister Cheshire to fly me to Santa Prisca too."

"That's why-"

"Yea, I was so desperate to make sure none of you found out." She said.

"I knew." Robin smiled.

Artemis looked at him shocked.

"Hey, I'm a detective. But it never mattered. You aren't your family. You're one of us." He told her.

"So uh, who's next?" Wally smiled.

"I am." M'gann said looking down.

"I swear I was kidding." He said holding his hands up in defense.

"Queen Bee's been blackmailing me. She wants me in Santa Prisca too." She looked at us.

"Blackmailing how?" Kaldur asked.

"She knows my true Martian form."

"Bald M'gann. Who cares if-" Robin started.

M'gann cut him off. "No." She sighed before transforming into this huge version of herself. Her true self.

We stepped back in disbelief.

"I realized you would never accept me if you saw what I really am." She said hugging herself.

"M'gann, did we truly seem so shallow?" Kaldur asked.

"I couldn't take the chance. Being a white Martian among the green in Mars I endured constant rejection. I couldn't face that from-"

"From Me?" Superboy asked walking up to her. He held her hand gently. We could tell they were speaking telepathically. We gave them time to talk until they looked back at us.

"So what now?" Wally asked.

"Now we depart to Santa Prisca." Kaldur said.

~

"Guys reinforcement time." We got the green light from Artemis to come out and jump into the battle.

I flew into the air with a shield around me and opened a black hole under some of Banes men. They fell through making me open another above the ground making them hit the ground hard.

I felt more blasts coming from behind me. I let my shield go making a construct of a giant giant broom and dustpan. I swept them up and into the dustpan and shook it before throwing them out onto the ground and knocking them out. I looked around and everyone else was taken down.

We came back together one everyone was rounded up.

"It is always like this." Rocket said.

"Told you."

"Hey disaster averted. Feeling the aster." Robin smiled.

"Agreed." Aqualad said. "This has been a good day."

"It was great did you see me out there. I felt brand new." I said excitedly.

For the first time in a really long time I can say I felt genuinely excited.