Captain Marvel

We were walking through the dessert as Robin tracked the Bioship's coordinates.

I made a construct of a gurney to carry Aqualad on. I went against flying to save as much energy as I could.

We kept walking until we heard trucks coming our way.

"Quick, over there!" Robin whispered as we hurried behind a giant rock.

I lightly put Kaldur down on the sand to preserve energy for the rest of the way.

He began mumbling in Atlantan as trucks passed by us.

"Kaldur, quiet now." Artemis rubbed his head.

Byalian soldiers walked passed. "We can't can't risk a fire fight with Aqualad KO'd like this." Robin whispered.

"It's not just him. I'm way out of juice." Wally said.

"And I'm almost out of arrows." Artemis said showing her quiver.

"I can hardly carry Kaldur any longer, forget a fire fight." I said looking at Kaldur.

"I forgot how much I hate it when he does the ninja thing." Wally said making me look up to see Robin completely gone. "Hey you never said why your dad would want you to cck me." Wally said making a motion of cutting his head off.

"I got.. confused... by um, some old movie I saw the other night, bout a ninja girl who's ninja dad ordered her to kill her ninja boyfriend cause he was from a.. rival ninja clan." She said with uncertainty.

"So I'm your ninja boyfriend." Wally smirked at her.

She looked from me to Wally before beginning to blush. "Hey amnesia. Remember? I completely forgot how truly annoying you are." She said looking at him.

"Oh, like you're the goddess of congeniality." He shot back.

"Sheesh," Robin said appearing back. "Get a room."

"Dude, where we're you?" Wally asked.

"Breaking radio silence." He smirked.

Just then a laugh came from the distance along with a couple of blasts.

"That's our cue. Move!" Robin said. I constructed another gurney underneath Kaldur and lifted him as we began running until we reached the ship.

We loaded Kaldur onto the ship and Robin hooked him up to an IV to get him hydrated.

"Hey everybody, I've got superboy, he's back to normal and we're on our way." M'gann said in our heads.

"Who are you? And how did you get inside my head?" Aqualad shot up the joy for Artemis to see him back down.

"Hello Megan, Aqualad's memories. I knew I forgot something." She said.

"Aw man, me too. I didn't get a souvenir from the mission." Wally said.

"Don't worry, got the souvenir thing covered."

~

A few days later,

During my day at school I couldn't help but think about my powers, and everything that I could do when I learn to control them.

"Hey Raegan!" Billy caught my attention, "break the tie if you could be Captain Marvel or Superman who'd you be?" He asked.

"That's not fair, she probably doesn't even know anything about heros." Another boy said.

"I do to!" I stood up from the lunch table. "And if I could be any superhero I'd be Midnight." I said making them all look at me strange.

"That's no superhero we know about."

"Must be a lame newbie. Probably doesn't even have any powers." Someone else said.

"I- Uh.. she does so have powers! Awesome powers. Powers that would kick Captain Marvel and Superman's butt!" I said walking away.

"Hey! No one can kick Captain Marvels butt, he's too awesome." Billy smiled.

I rolled my eyes walking out of the cafeteria. I began walking upstairs to the gym until I heard screams coming out the window. I looked to see Abracadabra? In the front entrance of my school?

I flew out the window to the entrance of the school.

"Hey!" I called out. He turned looking at me.

"Ahh... exactly who I'm looking for." He said sending a blast my way.

I moved out the way letting the blast hit a bed of lockers. I used an energy construct to hold them up just to be blasted by Abracadabra and knocked down on the ground.

"Ahhh.." I groaned looking up at him walking up to me.

"Well that was easy, without the other brats here." He said picking me up.

"Put me down!" I yelled kicking my legs.

I was suddenly dropped to the ground. And when I looked Abracadabra had been hit across the hall into the trophy case.

I looked up to see Captain Marvel flying above me.

"It's okay Raegan. Because I am here." He said "heroically".

"I can handle myself." I said unimpressed. Once Abracadabra was up on his feet He looked at Captain Marvel with an angry expression.

"Excuse me, but you're interfering with my task." He said sending a blast his way.

I put up a shield blocking it.

Abracadabra walked over to us waving his wand. All of a sudden the floor lifted up from under us and wrapped around me, pulling me towards him.

Captain marvel clapped sending a force knocking down not only Abracadabra but me also breaking the pieces of the floor that had me bound. I flew up and made a construct of two hands and crushed him. When I opened my hands his body fell out onto the ground.

I sighed standing back on the floor.

"Well, you can handle yourself." Captain Marvel said looking at me. "Good job Raegan."

"How do you know my name?" I side eyed him.

"Uhh, well obviously it's because... because, oh because I know your parents." He smiled. "I should probably call in the league to take care of him. Do you know why he could have been after you?"

"I.. don't know." I said.

"Captain Marvel to the tower, Abracadabra has attacked the Fawcett city elementary school. You should probably get Lantern and Hawkwoman down here."

~

After my parents arrived with Canary, I along with Captain Marvel explained to them what happened.

The school had dismissed the rest of the students and I explained what happened without telling the school officials about my powers. Meaning, I had to let Captain Marvel take all the glory.

By time everyone had talked things out and Abracadabra was in custody, the school announced they would be closed until renovations were done.

So I guess the bright side of almost being taken by evil supervillain, I'd get time off of school.

I was getting ready to get into the car when I heard my name being called. When I looked I saw Billy running up to me.

"Billy, what are you still doing here? The school was evacuated."

"I Uh.. heard that you were almost hurt, I wanted to make sure you were really okay." He smiled.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I smiled.

"And I heard you met Captain Marvel. Was he as awesome as I said or what." He smiled.

I looked at him unamused. "Or what." I said getting into the car.

"Okay, I'll, uh see you later then." He said as the car started driving off.