The Shadows

I was sitting with the doctor at the Sandbar Internet cafe as she re scanned for the fog, while the others held off the Shadows at a proxy location.

"The Shadows have made their presence known at the proxy location, they should be aware of our ruse any moment now and be on their way." Aqualad said upon entering the Cafe.

"I've almost got it." Doctor Roquette said looking up.

As the doctor finished the scan, we heard movement on the roof. "We have company." I looked at Aqualad.

He looked at Roquette as she typed away at her computer. "Uploading now." She said. "And by the way, you said you'd protect me." She looked at us.

We looked up hearing foot steps walk across the rooftop, followed by a smoke bomb dropping. We looked in the smoke waiting for someone to come out.

From behind me I heard Kaldur grunting. When I turned he had three blades in his chest.

"Let's test the limit of your jellyfish immunity shall we?" The villain spoke. Aqualad shook off the aftershock of getting hit and went to attack her.

"Come on!" I said grabbing the doctors hand and running her to the back of the cafe. I put her behind the counter as Kaldur fell to the ground.

"There, limit tested." She said. "Now Doctor time for my appointment."

She threw another blade my way but I put up a shield around the doctor and I.

I tried my best to hold up the shield for as long as I could but I wasn't strong enough.

I looked over to the computer to see that the virus finished uploading just as my shield fell.

She looked at the computer then back at me. She picked me up by my collar and I kicked her away making me fall to the ground. She ran back towards me kicking me into the wall behind me.

"Ah!" I groaned in pain.

"Now that it's just the grown ups, Dr. Roquette, I see you've finished the virus, eliminating the reason for your elimination, though not the entertainment value." She said holding a blade to her face. She pushed her to the ground. "Lucky for you my orders are clear. You live to program another day, after all doctor, the shadows may find another use for you." She told her.

I sent a tiny blast of energy her way, that she dodged before leaving out of the Cafe.

Doctor Roquette came to my aid, helping me up.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine, what about Aqualad?" I said standing up. We rushed over to him as he came to. Doctor Roquette helped him up and walking him out of the shop to Artemis standing out front.

"Artemis where's the assassin?" He asked.

"She uh.. she got away." She said.

"Ohhh, from you? Big surprise. Notice, we got ours." Kid said upon running to our location along with Miss M who had the bad guys tied up. "Cool, souvenir." He said picking up her mask.

"Her mask?" Aqualad asked taking out the blades wedged in his torso. "Did you see her.. her face?"

"It was dark." Artemis said walking away.

"It is fine, Robin and superboy neutralized the fog." He told her. "And Dr. Roquette is safe. Thanks in no small part to you. Welcome to the team."
~

Getting back to the cave I worried about the cut on my arm. When I used too much of my power on the shield the wrap I made for my cut went away as well. If mom and dad see they'll freak and probably take me off the team right away.

I lost myself in thought as the bio ship landed in the cave entrance. As we loaded off I saw my mom standing there waiting for me in the entrance. I might as well be out right with it. I wrapped my hands around my neck pulling my hair down in nervousness and anxiety.

"Mom, I have to tell you something." I said once I was in front of her. She looked at me curiously. "Well.." I felt my arm and didn't feel the cut anymore. It felt like there was nothing there at all. My arm was good as new.

"What is it Raegan?" She asked.

"Oh, umm.. my suit ripped, do you think you could patch it back up?" I asked.

"Of course." She smiled. We walked into the cave along with the rest of the team.

"You go ahead to the zeta tube, I have to give a quick word to Batman." She said. I nodded walking over to the zeta tube.

Recognized Midnight B05

I walked through the Zeta tube into the abandoned junk yard of Fawcett city. A few moments later I was joined by my mother.

She smiled at me as we began walking home.

"Nothing's broken right?" She asked me as we were walking home.

"Of course not." I smiled. "A little sore though."

She laughed a little. "Get used to it, it comes with the job kid. Now the real task is getting you up on time for school, it's almost twelve midnight."

"Maybe I could get a day off." I looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Nice try, but those eyes only work on your father." She said spreading her wings. She flew up into the air looking at me. "I'll race ya." She said.

I smiled flying up to her then flying down the block.

My mom is a lot more lenient than my dad, definitely. She doesn't freak out over the small things. And she's a lot more fun too.