Alpha male P2

After the three of us met up with the guys we quickly and quietly maneuvered through the forest until we were met with a mysterious building.

I hovered in the trees as we came to a stop.

"I'll fly over." M'gann said telepathically.

"Negatory, the field stands like a dome over the whole compound." Wally said.

"Pylons are insulated, but one good shock could cause a momentary gap." Robin stated.

"I see a target." Artemis replied.

"Then be ready to hit it." Aqualad said. "Be ready, all of you." He said. I took a deep breath readying my powers.

Aqualad ran up to one of the pillars and started to shock it. I could see a hole start to open up in the shield. It was small, but big enough for Artemis to shoot an arrow.

"Now!" Wally yelled. Artemis shot her arrow. It went straight through the hole and hit a button on the building, turning off the shield. I flew down with M'gann to meet the rest of the team, but a piercing screech got my head to turn. A large monkey was perched at the top of the building. It let out a second cry and alarms started blaring. More monkeys came out of the shadows, all of them letting out the same ear-splitting scream.

We fought off the monkeys as best we could. I did what I could to hold them off without hurting them, they're living creatures.

"Remove their collars!" Aqualad yelled out.

I grabbed the collar and let some black... energy cover the collar making it break and fall off.

The monkey looked at me before running away. I made a construct of a cage and trapped three more monkeys inside.

"Get them in the cage!" I yelled out. I flew up dragging the cage as the others chased the monkeys into the cage.

Once all the monkeys were in the cage I took the energy from the construct of the cage and put it into their collars and broke them. The monkeys ran off into the woods.

"Good job Midnight." Aqualad said.

"If I'm being honest, I didn't think it would work." I said taking a deep breath. That took a lot more out of me than I expected.

We looked at the front door open and a giant gorilla with a machine gun. I saw a yellow blob of light walk passed him through the door. He grabbed it and threw it to the ground. It was M'gann. She was just in camouflage mode.

I rushed over to help her up. "What was that yellow haze around you?" I asked her.

"Yellow haze?" She asked weakly as the gorilla put his hand on her and grabbed her away from me.

"Get your paws off her you darn dirty ape!" Wally said running over to us just for him to drop M'gann and knock Wally away.

I picked up Megan and flew her away. I sat her head on my lap as she gathered herself.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yea, I'll be fine." She said as the rest of them took down the gorilla.

We got up, hearing Captain Marvel scream out. M'gann lifted up the gorilla and threw him into the wall, breaking it revealing Captain marvel.

"It's the brain!" Wally called out. I mentally hurled at the sight of a brain just there.

"Ugh, I can see it's a brain." Artemis said.

"Not a brain, The brain." Wally corrected her.

"In the flesh." The brain said rolling towards us. "So to speak. Mallah." He looked at the Gorilla. The gorilla pulled out a remote and pillars surrounded us and these fields came over us forcing us to the floor.

"Miss Martian, superboy now!" Aqualad yelled.

M'gann used her telepathy to take the remote from his hand and  turn the fields off allowing us to get up right as Superboy crashed through the wall.. with a wolf. The wolf attacked Mallah, making that our cue to attack as well.

I went over to Captain Marvel and freed him.

"Thanks." He sat up leaping off the table next to the tiger on the floor. "Now, one good turn, deserves another." He said breaking the collar around it's neck.

We then surrounded The brain and Mallah. Mallah let out a huge belt towards Superboy.

"Try it, I hate monkeys." He said cracking his knuckles.

"No Mallah. This will not be our Waterloo." He said shifting his robotic body into something else.

"Get down!" Wally yelled. I acted quickly putting up a shield as the lights went out. Seconds later when the lights came back on, we looked and saw they were gone.

"That was anticlimactic." Artemis said. I put my shield down.

"Wait, that big weapon thing was.. a light switch?" Wally asked.

We all looked at each other in confusion.

~

"What are you grinning about?" Artemis asked Wally as we walked back to the bio ship.

"One word, souvenir." He said lifting up Mallah's hat.

"Two words, gorilla lice." Artemis said walking ahead of him.

Wally snatched the hat off his head. "Ahh man!"

Aqualad removed the collar of the last monkey we freed.

"That's the last of the collars?" Captain marvel asked the tiger. The tiger roared and smiled at him. "I can count on you to keep the other animals outta trouble?" He asked making the tiger roar at him again. "Good. I'll be back for a visit." He smiled as the tiger ran into the woods. "I think I'll call him Mr. Tawni." He smiled looking at him.

Aqualad was just about to board the bioship when robin stopped him.

Look, I need to know. Why did you keep the mole intel a secret?" Robin asked him, without even making eye contact. The whole team was gathered around to hear the what Kaldur had to say.

"The source of the tip was Sportsmaster." He told us.

What? You can't trust him!" Artemis yelled angrily.

"I do not. It seemed possible, even likely that he was attempting to divide the team with false information."

"And given how this mission went, he nearly succeeded. But you had to consider it might be true." Robin realized, any anger he previously had about the subject went away.

"Yes, as leader, I did. In which case, I did not wish to alert the traitor." Aqualad confirmed.

"Hate to say it, but... makes sense." Robin said nonchalantly.

"I am still prepared to step down." Aqualad said.

"All in favor of keeping Aqualad as leader?" Wally asked, raising his hand at the same time. The rest of the team raised our hands and Aqualad nodded at Robin.

"Guess it's unanimous." Captain Marvel said, placing a hand on Aqualad's shoulder, and gave him a handshake. "Guess I'll see you later." He said, taking a couple steps away from us.

"You're not coming back with us?" Aqualad concernedly asked.

"Nope, gotta fly." Captain Marvel said and took off into the sky. There's something about him that is strangely familiar..