Revelation

October 1st,

"Concentrate Raegan!"

"I'm trying..." I had my shield up deflecting my fathers attacks. I need to strengthen my powers. My shields can't withstand continuous and powerful attacks and my blasts don't do much against super strong opponents. So my mom and dad are helping me.

My father stopped attacking, moving out of the way as my mother came flying towards me with her mase. I was blown back by the force of my shield breaking at first contact with her mase. I quickly got up as she flew over to me readying an attack again. I took a few steps back stumbling over my own feet and falling down right as she brought her mase down, stopping abruptly right in front of my face.

She sighed putting down her mase. Dad used a hand construct to lift me up to my feet.

"I'm sorry, it's just.." I looked down.

"It's okay, you did good today. I see your power improving everyday." Dad said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks I've noticed my power improving too, I've also noticed new abilities. Like when M'gann was in camouflage mode I still saw her." I told them.

"Well, there are some people who can spot Martian camouflage." My mom told me.

"No, I didn't see her, I saw a yellow glow, even though she was camouflaged. And I've seen it on other people. But they're different colors and-"

"Raegan." My dad said stopping me. I looked and I noticed I was off the ground. I set myself back on the ground. "That's your emotional reading. You were seeing their auras."

"Really?!" I asked excited.

"Calm down, you still have to get a handle on your abilities. If you can learn to understand an aura you can differ the good from the bad." He told me.

"Well... What colors are good and which are bad?"

"It doesn't really work like that-" He started.  "This is Green Lantern." Dad said into his com link.

"Hawkwoman, go." Mom said after him into her com link.

They looked at each other. "We're on our way." He said. "We should be home by dinner." Dad said flying up into the air.

"We love you and finish your homework before we get home." Mom said kissing my forehead and flying off behind dad.

I sighed as I walked inside the cave through the hanger door. I saw Aqualad training with Robin on the sparring area. I walked to the lounge area to see Connor and M'gann. When I walked in they stopped to look at me awkwardly.

"Sorry, I just need my bag." I smiled flying over to the couch to get my bag.

They're so obviously dating.

I flew to the kitchen to see Artemis looking in the fridge.

"Hey Raegan." She smiled.

"Hey, um, do you mind helping me with homework?" I asked.

"Of course. A few fifth grade math problems shouldn't be too hard." She said closing the fridge.