Hanging up the cape

December 31, Mount Justice,

"We have reason to feel proud of yesterdays victories." Aqualad told us as we walked through the cave. But one thing has not changed."

"Somehow the bad guys are still inside intel." Robin said as we all walked to the mission room.

"Yea but at least we know none of us are the mole." Kid flash said.

"That's correct." Batman stated once we reached the mission room. "The mole was Red Arrow." He said pulling his picture up on the screen.

"Roy?" Robin asked.

"No way!" Kid shouted out.

"Batman that cannot be." Aqualad said shocked. "He was Green arrows protégé, we have all known him for years."

"Unfortunately, the Roy Harper we have known for the last three years is another project Cadmus clone." Tornado added.

"We've learned the real speedy was abducted and replaced immediately after becoming green arrows sidekick. The clone was pre programmed with a drive to join the justice league which is why he was so angry over any delays to his mission. And why he refused to join the team. This roy Harper had no idea he was the clone or a traitor. And his subconscious programming drove him to become league worthy. So he struck out on his own as Red Arrow. When he was finally admitted his secondary programming kicked in and he attempted to betray the league with Vandal savage. Fortunately I had already deduced red arrow was a clone of we were prepared." Batman told us.

"Savage was subdued, but Red arrow escaped." Tornado added. "He is now a fugitive. Armed and dangerous."

"If you guys hadn't rescued me from Cadmus..." Superboy said gloomily.

"What happened to the real Roy?" Robin asked.

"We don't know." Batman answered. "He isn't at Cadmus. We have to face the possibility that the real Roy Harper is dead."

"The clone Roy, the team will find him." Aqualad told Batman.

"Negative, Red Arrows a member of the justice league now. Leave him to us." Batman said before pressing his communicator. "I'm needed on the watchtower." He said. "Tornado stay with the kids." He said walking to the zeta tube.

Aqualad turned to talk to us telepathically when Red Tornado seemingly just shut down out of nowhere.

We walked over to him.

"Tornado."

"What happened to him?"

"He's totally powered down." Wally said.

"All functions offline." Robin said after him.

"Guys, I'm sensing a low level mystic force at play." Zatanna said touching her temples. "I- I don't know if it caused his shutdown but now that I think about it I was getting the same buzz off Batman." She said.

"Batman.. he called us kids. He never does that." Robin added.

"Look." Wally Said reaching towards Tornados hand. He picked up a biotech chip. "One of those biotech chips we confiscated off of Cheshire." He said holding it up.

"Something is not right." Aqualad said. "Robin, Kid, Zatanna, Rocket see if you can get Tornado back online. The rest with me to find Ro- Red arrow." Aqualad said.

Superboy, Artemis, Miss M, Aqualad and I loaded into the Bioship and made out way to the Hall of Justice.

"Computer logs indecate Red Arrows headed to The Hall from the Watchtower but he could be anywhere by now." Artemis told us.