Moving

September 7, Mount Justice,

I was flying around the cave playing with sphere as Superboy fixed his motorcycle.

Since my school is still being renovated, I've been spending a lot of time at the cave. "Ready for school?" M'gann asked flying down from the hatch. "I made our lunches. She smiled as two brown bags followed after her.

"The first day of the scholastic season carries great cultural residence. We want to wish you both well." Martian Manhunter said.

"Guess it's not a Kryptonian thing." Superboy said.

"You may wish to change before you depart." Aqualad told them.

Sphere nudged me a little and I giggled petting her. I sat down next to her watching the exchange go down.

"Ugh I spent hours picking an outfit." M'gann said changing her clothing into a burgundy skirt with a mini jacket to match and a white tee. "What do you think? Can M'gann M'orse pass as an earth girl now?" She asked excitedly.

"Well.." Aqualad said.

"Just kidding!" She said turning her skin into a pale skin tone. "Meet Megan Morse. What's your new name?" She asked turning to Superboy.

"My what?" He asked.

"I chose the name John Jones for myself." Martian Manhunter said transforming into a dark skinned man. "And suggested John Smith for red tornado. You could be a John too."

"Pass." Superboy folded his arms.

"Connor's always been my favorite name." Megan said putting a hand on his shoulder. He shrugged.

"A last name will also be required." Aqualad told him.

"Perhaps, Kent." Martian Manhunter suggested.

"Ohhh, in memory of Doctor Fate, the late Kent Nelson." Megan said.

"Of.. course." Manhunter said turning his skin back Green.

"Okay, Yea sure. I guess it'd be an honor or something." Superboy said.

"Well Conner Kent, time to change your shirt." Megan said. "You don't wanna reveal your identity." She said pointing at his Superman symbol.

He took his shirt off turning it inside out so the symbol wouldn't show. "Will this work?" He asked.

"Works for me." Megan said smiling.

He began putting his shirt back on as they started walking off. "Wait shouldn't I be Conner Nelson?"

"Wait, what am I supposed to do all day?" I asked as Sphere rolled up to me. "Besides spend time with you." I pet her.

The three looked amongst themselves then at me.

~

"Keep your stance wide, your body lowered." Black Canary said as we stood toe to toe on the training grounds.

I did as she told me, readying a stance. I went to attack only to have her dodge then trip me to the ground.

"Nice try, but not nice enough." She said helping me up.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to beat you in combat. But thanks for the hope." I laughed.

"You'll get there. I promise. Through your own bruises and lessons, you'll get there." She smiled. "That should be enough for today then. Why don't you head home."

I nodded walking over to the Zeta tubes. I was about to go through the when sphere rolled in front of me.

I looked at her as she beeped at me not to go. "I'll be back. I promise." I hugged her. "That's a good girl." I rubbed her sides.

I went through the zeta tube to the junkyard and flew the rest of the way home.

When I got to the front door I saw dad in the living room going through a bunch of papers.

"Raegan, just in time." He looked at me.

"For what?" I asked walking up to him.

"I have great news, you've been accepted into Gotham Academy on a full Wayne scholarship." He smiled.

"Hold on, Gotham Academy is in.. Gotham! What about Fawcett city elementary? What about my friends? I- I-" I began to bombard my dad with panicked questions as he tried calming me down.

"I know it seems overwhelming now but it's to keep you safe. Moving schools will be good for you."

"But it's in Gotham. How will I-"

"You'll Zeta there-"

"Every morning? From Fawcett city?" I looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Well- no. That's the second thing I wanted talk to you about, we're moving." He said nervously.

"What!" I yelled as the lamp next to me blew out due to my surge of power. "Sorry.."