Fate's tower

Raegan,
~
3:19 pm Fawcett City,

I walked out of school exhausted from the long day I had. Fifth grade is no joke.

I looked around the school yard to find my dads car.

"Raegan!" He caught my attention. My eyes lit up seeing him standing in front of his car.

"Bye Raegan." I heard a voice say behind me.

"Bye Billy." I smiled walking over to my dads car.

"Billy?" He looked at me.

"Daaad." I groaned getting in the back of the car.

He looked at Billy then back at me before getting in the car.

"So did you have a good day at school today?" He asked when he started driving.

I sighed. "It was so tiring daddy." I looked up at him.

He looked at me through the mirror. "Your eyes Raegan." He said.

"What about them?" I asked looking in the mirror. "Oh.."

My natural eye color is purple. You know, because of my ring. And to blend in with everyday people I have to apply contacts every morning before school.

"I swear no one even noticed. And I was so tired this morning- last night we had a tiny covert mission in metropolis-"

"I knew it, I told your mother this team was going to affect your everyday life." He said more so to himself.

"I'm sorry.." I said looking at him with my head down.

He sighed. "I just.. don't think this team thing is a good idea." He looked at the road.

"We've reached Tornado's coordinates but-." M'gann said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing's there." Superboy finished.

"Take us down." Aqualad said as M'gann landed the bioship.

I was lost in my head thinking back to after school today. If my parents think the team is affecting my everyday life they'll without a doubt pull me from the team. It's bad enough they basically think I'm just their helpless little girl who just might die on a mission.

We unloaded off of the bioship and looked around searching for.. well, anything.

"Nothing." Wally said running back to us. "This isn't simple camouflage."

"So what'd you think? Adaptive microelectronics combined with phase shifting?" Artemis asked.

"Absolutely," Wally started saying until M'gann walked up. "Not!" He said quickly.

I laughed at his silly attempt to woo her.

"Clearly mystic powers are at work here." He said.

It was a calm silence as I giggled at him.

Just then I felt something weird behind us. Something dark and malevolent.

"A test of faith." Aqualad said walking in front of us. "Stand behind me." He took Fates key and pointed it into the air making Fate's tower appear.

"Whoa.." I said looking at it.

When the tower appeared all of a sudden the feeling of a dark energy went away. I shook the feeling- er the not feeling? I don't know, whatever was happening I set it to the side as we walked into the building.