bonus #7

"Men are complicated as fuck."

Aurora chuckled, placing her hand on her swollen belly as she watched her newest friend slump onto the plush white couch next to Megan. Alana Sommers sighed loudly as she laid her head on the youngest Knight sister's lap, causing the girl to smile.

"Here, here."

Maddie held her cup of water up, almost as if she was toasting her agreement. With Aurora pregnant, there was a silent no alcohol rule in the house, which applied to Xavier as well, who was more than happy to comply with his wife's wishes.

Alana rolled her eyes, giving the older girl a playful glare. "Oh shush it. You and Lucas are happily married— hey, now that I think about it, I'm the only single one here," she groaned, bringing her hands up to cover her face. "I mean, Ethan's always following after Steph like a lost puppy. Megs and Noah are practically married already. And Xavier basically worships the ground Rory walks on. Hell, even my best friend is about to get married."

Megan's face grew warm as she blushed. "Noah and I are not practically married. We-" She paused, not knowing what to say.

Alana, whose head was still resting on her friend's lap, raised her eyebrow. "Girl, I'm going to smack that boy's head if he doesn't ask the question soon. He practically looks at you with hearts in his eyes."

Maddie nodded in agreement. "I'm willing to bet my entire company that he's going to pop the question within the next year."

"Guys, I'm still young— I mean, I like how things are right now between the two of us," Megan protested, but deep down she knew that if Noah were to pop the question, she had no doubt that she would say yes. "With him still learning the ropes on how to manage his own tech company under Xav's guidance and me just starting work at the animation studio, we don't really have time for all that. We haven't even talked about marriage."

Maddie shrugged. "You never know, Megs. Men can be...unpredictable."

Aurora nodded her head. "Xavier and I never talked about marriage, and one day he just proposed suddenly. I think we were together for a year and a half at that point, but look at you and Noah. You two have been together since freshman year in university and he's been pinning after you since way before."

"I guess you guys are right. I just don't want to rush things— I don't want to mess up our routine that we've become so used to."

"Noah's a sweetheart. He'll literally do anything for you," Alana paused before sighing dramatically. "All this talk about your amazing men is making me feel real lonely."

The girls around her chuckled at her confession. It was a surprise as to how easily Alana made her way into the girls' hearts. Aurora first met the 22-year-old singer when she flew to New York to help Alana renovate her then apartment. Much to Aurora's surprise, despite being one of the most famous women in the world, Alana was extremely down to earth. The two had quickly bonded over their struggles with bullying in high school and had grown extremely close.

Alana had slowly eased her way into her family's hearts as well, always invited over to their home whenever she visited Los Angeles. The whole family loved her and even the kids enjoyed her visits, always bearing gifts and sweets for her and Xavier's already hyperactive children.

"Oh shut up, you're the one hiding your man from us," Maddie rolled her eyes playfully before giving the beautiful singer a smirk. "What's this about you asking how Aurora knew Xavier was the one?"

Alana gasped before throwing Aurora a playful glare. "Aurora Knight, you did not."

Aurora tried to look everywhere but at the singer, causing Megan to stifle her laughter. "I did....not?"