t w e n t y n i n e

She looked so beautiful.

Xavier peered down at Aurora as she slept peacefully with her head laying on his chest, snuggling in further into his warmth. She slept with her mouth slightly open, the occasional soft snore escaping. Her long hair had gotten tangled throughout the night since she moved around quite a bit in her sleep.

But even then he thought she was beautiful.

They were in his childhood bedroom, where Xavier had taken Aurora after the bonfire with his family. Aurora had been fascinated as she looked around the room that was filled with his memories. She looked at the picture frames scattered around the room, noticing how even when he was younger, Xavier was still very handsome.

She gasped when she saw that he had a balcony—it had been her childhood dream to have one.

"You have a balcony?" She excitedly ran towards the doors that led outside onto a modern-looking balcony that oversaw the beautiful garden below. "I've always dreamed of having one as a little girl because of Troy Bolton."

Xavier made his way towards her with an unreadable expression on his face. It was a mixture of confusion and disbelief. "Who's Troy Bolton?"

She let out a gasp of incredulity.

"You don't know who Troy Bolton is?"

Xavier shook his head.

Another gasp.

"How can you not know who Troy is?" Aurora shook her head disappointedly.

"How would I know who he is?" Grumbled Xavier with a hint of jealousy laced in his voice. Once he found out who this 'Troy Bolton' was, he was going to pay him a little visit because his girlfriend was apparently very fixated with the guy.

"From High School Musical?" She was in disbelief as Xavier continued to look at her with a confused expression on his face. "You know that movie about high school and musicals?"

His face was still blank. He had no idea what she was talking about.

"Sweetheart, I have no idea what you're talking about, so can you just tell me where I can find this Troy Bolton—so I can kick his ass."

She missed the last part since he had mumbled it under his breath.

Aurora sighed dramatically. "That's it—we're having a movie marathon tonight."

And much to his dismay, Xavier became very acquainted with Troy Bolton. He grumbled his distaste, voicing how stupid he thought the movies were.

"This isn't even how high school works in real life," he had said. "You don't find people dancing and singing in the middle of the cafeteria."

"Oh shush," She brought her hand up to cover his nonstop commentary. He could be especially talkative when he wanted to be. "It's just a movie."

Xavier continued to complain, holding onto Aurora's hand so she couldn't cover his mouth. It wasn't until she threatened him that he immediately shut up.

"If you don't stop talking, I won't let you touch me until tomorrow."

Xavier looked at his girlfriend with disbelief. All because of some stupid movie and a stupid Troy Bolton. Xavier honestly didn't know what girls saw in him.

"No kisses either!"

And thus, he kept his mouth shut with a slight pout for the next 3 hours— all while Aurora happily watched and sang along with the movies. How she knew all the lyrics to every single song was beyond him.