s e v e n t e e n

"My babies!"

Xavier grunted and pushed himself up from the couch. What could have been so important that she had to detach herself from him when they had been sitting comfortably.

He trailed after Aurora as she quickly scrambled into the kitchen. His eyebrows scrunched in confusion as he watched her go through the groceries.

Hurriedly, Aurora pulled out the box of what seemed like frozen treats and dumped them out onto the dining table.

"Thank goodness," she breathed out a sigh of relief when she lightly squished one of the bars to make sure it had not melted. "I almost forgot about you guys."

She quickly put them back into the box and then thrusted it into the freezer. Watching with amusement, Xavier cleared his throat to remind her that he was still there.

Aurora turned to face him, giving him a sheepish smile. She began to unpack the rest of the groceries as Xavier stepped closer to help.

Wordlessly, Xavier held up a couple bags of junk food with a raised eyebrow. Blushing, Aurora snatched them out of Xavier's hands.

"Don't judge me," muttered Aurora, giving him a playful glare. "I like to snack."

"I can see that," Xavier chuckled as he continued to unpack. How she stuffed managed to stuff so many items into two bags was beyond him. "You only bought snacks and fruit?"

"I told you before that I can't cook," she rubbed the back of her neck embarrassingly.

Xavier made a quick mental note of everything that was on the table. They seemed to be ones that he had never seen before, so while she wasn't looking, he brought out his phone and snapped a quick photo.

"Have you had any of these before?" Asked Aurora when she turned back around, eyeing Xavier's hand that quickly fumbled to his pocket.

"I've never seen these before," Xavier organized the groceries into categories as Aurora walked around placing them away. He always liked to keep things organized and tidy.

"Here, try this," Without giving him a warning, she jabbed a mini straw through a tiny bottle that looked smaller than his hand. She handed it to Xavier with a smile as he stared at her with slight apprehension.

Taking a small sip, his eyes widened in surprise at the sweet drink. It was good, but his taste buds were slightly confused. It tasted like yogurt, yet the consistency was like water. Within three sips, he quickly drained the bottle.

"It's good," was all he said as he examined the bottle with curiosity.

"I grew up drinking these," A beaming smile graced her face as she took the bottle out of his hands and threw it into the trash. "When I was little, we never had enough space in our fridge, so my grandma would put these in the freezer. And trust me when I say they're way better frozen."

Xavier smiled as he learned more about her. "You grew up with a lot of delicious delicacies."

"I introduced Maddie to so many of these," She closed the fridge as she put the last of the fruit away. "My parents made sure she went home with a bag full of these snacks whenever she would come home with me. I'm surprised you've never had them."

"Well, she never shared."

The small pout on his lips made her chuckle. She stood up on her tiptoes and placed a small kiss on his lips and immediately the pout disappeared.

"I'll share with you," murmured Aurora.

She was taken by surprise when Xavier lifted her onto the dining table, placing another kiss on her lips that made her giggle. Their touches seemed to come naturally, almost as if they had been together for a long time.