o n e

Theclientwouldlikethefacadetobecompletelymadeoutofglassand-

Aurora rubbed her brown eyes tiredly as she continued to stare at the screen, trying her best to concentrate. The words on the screen seemed to all merge together into one whole blob.

It was Saturday and Aurora needed to respond to emails concerning her clients as well as review the work given to her by the architects that she overlooked. As the department head, she was in charge of overlooking all the projects, making sure they went as planned and met with their clients' demands.

Unable to get any work done, Aurora sighed as she slammed her laptop shut. She brought her fingers up to her temples and rubbed them, feeling another throbbing headache starting to form.

'That's it' she thought as she continued to rub her temples. 'I'm going down to Massie's to grab something to drink and then I'm going to finish my work there'

She knew that if she bought something to drink, she would have enough motivation to finish her work. There was something about spending money for a drink that made her feel the obligation to at least do something productive.

With determination, Aurora stood up from her comfortable spot on the floor in the living room and made her way towards her room. She quickly changed into a cropped white shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. Slipping on an oversized wool grey cardigan, she made her way to the restroom to throw her hair in a messy bun. 

Quickly running back into her closet, she pulled out a pair of socks

Quickly running back into her closet, she pulled out a pair of socks. Hopping on her left foot towards her desk, she attempted to put on her right sock, repeating the process with her other foot. After a successful attempt without falling onto the ground, Aurora grabbed the tote bag laying on the ground and quickly threw her wallet, sketchbook, pencil case, and laptop charger into the bag.

She checked her appearance one more time in the mirror, not bothering to put on makeup. She made sure to grab her glasses, knowing she would probably need them later on. Nodding, she made her way back into her living room where she quickly grabbed her laptop, shoving it into her tote bag before grabbing her phone and headed towards the door.

Slipping on her Nike Air-force 1s, she took a look around her apartment, making sure everything was in place, before grabbing her keys from the bowl next to the door.

She was determined to finish everything, even if it was the last thing she was going to do.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

Massie's Corner Cafe was located in the middle of busy Downtown LA. It was a small and cozy cafe, usually busy with business men and women on the weekdays, but on the weekends, the quiet atmosphere provided the perfect place to get work done.

Aurora opened the door with a chime, and the scent of coffee immediately filled her nostrils. She had walked to the cafe, as she usually did. She had no car due to the fact that she couldn't see well at night. Plus, her apartment wasn't located far from the cafe and her workplace.