bonus #3

"Come in."

Aurora looked up when the door to her office opened. A smile made its way onto her face when she spotted her handsome husband at the doorway. She felt the day's fatigue immediately wash away as a feeling of content and love filled her, instead.

"You ready to go, love?" He asked, closing the door behind him. It had been his routine to pick her up from work the past couple of months.

"Yeah, just let me send this email," She said, quickly rereading the email she was just about ready to send once again.

Xavier began to make his way towards her, as she stood up after pressing 'send' on her computer.

"Done!"

Xavier smiled lovingly at her as she cheered. Reaching her hands up, she stretched her aching back before making her way towards Xavier. As soon as she was within arm's reach, he brought her close to him by the waist. He held her as close as possible, face nuzzling into her neck, only being separated by her growing bump.

Aurora was now in her second trimester, around 25 weeks into her pregnancy. He watched contently as her stomach grew bigger every day and couldn't help, but love her even more as the days pass by.

Some may see Xavier as a coldhearted top businessman, but when it came to Aurora, he completely dropped the facade and turned into the caring and loving husband that he was.

She was carrying their child and he would do anything for her, even if it meant getting up at 3 AM and driving to their favorite Korean restaurant whenever she was craving spicy rice cakes. Or when she had her mood swings every now and then and got angry with him for no specific reason before apologizing an hour later with tears in her eyes. He was both patient and understanding with her, making Aurora love the man even more.

"Hi," she giggled, the stubble on his chin slightly tickling her exposed skin on her neck.

Letting go of her waist, he brought his hands up to cup her cheeks and gave her a soft kiss on the lips.

"Hi," he murmured against her lips, feeling her smile against them. "How was your day?"

"Good— tiring, but good," she answered truthfully. Halfway throughout the day, her feet had begun to ache and when she sat still for too long working on her computer, her back ached.

One would think that she would be used to it, seeing as she spent all of her university days sitting in front of the computer for hours at a time, trying to finish her architecture assignments.

But being pregnant was definitely something else.

Xavier frowned, feeling the growing concern of his stubborn wife. "Did you walk around like the doctor asked you to? You didn't, did you?" Aurora opened up to respond but was cut off again by her worried husband's little rant. "Baby, you can't just sit in front of the computer for hours at a time. I knew we should've asked for an earlier maternity leave— where's Liam? Is he still in his office? Let me talk to him and-"

Aurora bit her lip, trying to stifle her laugh, causing Xavier to pause halfway through his rant and narrow his eyes at her.

"What?" He asked, giving her a teasing glare.

"Nothing," she bit her lip again as a chuckle escaped her lip. "You're just so cute when you're worried."

Hearing her reasoning, he rolled his eyes and leaned forward to playfully nudge her nose with his.

"Don't worry, I went on a little walk to the break room every hour," she reassured. "And besides, if I forgot, Grace made sure to remind me. If not Grace, then, Liam reminded me. Or Daniel. Or anyone I come across in the office... did you say something to them?"