f o r t y t w o

"Bitch, we fucking did it!"

Daniel grinned excitedly, pulling Aurora into a hug. After months of renovations, the Knight Hotel she had been working on with the team was finally finished. Tonight was the night the hotel was reopening and what better way to celebrate than with a "small" opening event.

"And I still can't believe that hunk of a man is yours," Daniel whispered excitedly. He turned her so they were facing in the direction where Xavier stood talking to a few important looking men. One of them being their boss, Liam. "Like god damn, tell me where I can find one."

Aurora rolled her eyes, slapping her friend's arm. "How is that so hard to believe?"

"Because," Daniel sighed with exaggeration. "It feels like it was just yesterday where you were saying your ideal man was a guy who looked good in jeans. But I'm sure with that ass he do be looking fine in jeans."

"He does look pretty good in jeans," Aurora murmured, agreeing with Daniel. "I think Maddie mentioned something to him a couple of months ago and all he would wear was jeans around the house."

Daniel pouted. "You two are fucking cute— it's kind of sickening."

It was almost a month ago where he witnessed their love first hand. Xavier had come by with lunch and it just so happened that Daniel was in the office with her. He watched as they couldn't keep their hands to themselves and despite being offered to join them, he instead, chose to escape the love fest. But he did have to admit— the way Xavier looked at Aurora every single time was every girl's dream.

He looked at her with so much love and affection, like she was the center of his universe. Daniel could hardly believe that this was the ruthless and cold man, Xavier Knight was rumored to be. Although, he did honestly wonder how they weren't sick of each other yet despite practically being with each other 24/7.

"But," Daniel continued, wrapping his arm around Grace who stood watched their exchange with amusement. "We're really happy that you're happy. Right, Gracey?"

Grace nodded with a genuine smile on her face. "Of course. I'm glad you aren't forgetting to eat your meals on time and that you're not spending all-nighters at the office anymore. I doubt Mr. Knight would even allow you."

"You guys say that as if I'm a child," pouted Aurora, grabbing a small appetizer from a waiter's tray as he walked by. Her expression brightened as she chewed, happy that there was now food in her stomach. "And you're right Xavier would probably drag me out of my office himself."

"Jeez, no need to rub it in our single ass faces," Daniel sarcastically said with a playful tone. He bit his lip as he looked towards Xavier's direction once again. "We get it, he's caring and hot— you're one lucky bitch. But I do have to admit, even after all these months that man still be looking fine as fuck. Wouldn't you agree, Gracey?"

Aurora shook her head as she threw her head back in laughter. Leave it to Daniel to say things like this. But the man was right. Her boyfriend was fine as fuck.

"I guess," mumbled Grace, feeling a bit shy being put on the spot.

Daniel clucked his tongue before sharing a knowing look with Aurora. Grace looked at the two with confusion, wondering what was going on.

"Obviously she doesn't agree because our little innocent Gracey has her eyes on someone else."

"S-shut up," Grace stammered, slapping Daniel on the arm, causing the poor man to screech dramatically. "I do not."

"Please," Daniel rolled his eyes. "It'll be easier just to admit it, Gracey."

"Whatever," Grace's cheeks flushed red with her friends' teasing. She quickly changed the subject back to Aurora. "I'm happy someone's taking care of our clumsy and forgetful Aurora— did I mention you left your keys on the coffee machine again a couple of weeks ago?"