s i x

Xavier Knight couldn't believe his luck.

The first time he bumped into Aurora was 4 years ago while waiting to pick up his younger sister. Of course at that time he had not known anything about her. He didn't even know her name. Yet for 4 years, he continued to think about her and to say he was confused would be an understatement.

Xavier had never felt that way about anyone. He was always busy with work and had no time for romance. He was pretty closed off, only keeping a select group of people close, including his family. And the way the media depicted him as cold hearted and ruthless business man caused people to be afraid of him.

Not that Xavier was complaining. In his 28 years of living, he's had a fair share of people who had wanted to only get close to him due to his wealth, causing him to become guarded. It wasn't easy to gain his trust.

Which was why he was feeling perplexed. He knew nothing about her and had barely interacted with her, yet he wanted to know everything about her and give her everything. Throughout the 4 years, he found himself thinking back to her beautiful brown eyes and wondered where she was.

He had hoped that perhaps she would remember his face and recognize him in the media. Sadly, she hadn't reached out for him and he began losing hope of running into her once again. After all, there were billions of people in the world. What were the chances too running into her again?

It was a spur of the moment decision when he had decided to get coffee at Massie's Corner Cafe. His older sister, Stephanie, had introduced the cozy cafe to him a year ago and since then, he never got coffee anywhere else. His assistant would usually have his coffee ready from Massie's in the morning.

Xavier had been in a foul mood when issues with the architects that had been working with Knight Industries since his father was CEO caused him to have to run back to the office. He had planned to take the weekend off to spend time with his nephew, Colton. He was Stephanie her husband, Ethan's, son and had Xavier wrapped around his little finger. Even though he was irritated, it was considered to be an urgent matter since the entire project had been halted.

Xavier went through meeting after meeting since 9AM and in the end, there was still no solution. Angry, he had stormed out of his office and had gone to Massie's for a short break.

It was then and there where he saw his angel for the first time after 4 years. The way she stared at him wide eyed as she stood in his arms made him never want to let go. She was even more breathtaking than she was 4 years ago. Her hair was thrown in a messy bun with strands falling to frame her face. She was dressed casually and her face was clear from any makeup. She was absolutely stunning.

After he had gotten his coffee from Massie, Xavier took a seat at the other side of the cafe and just simply stared. He knew he was coming off as creepy, but he couldn't keep his eyes off her. Not that she noticed, since she was so focused on her work.

He had tried to gather the courage to go up to her and ask for her name, but in the end, they were calling him back to the office for another emergency meeting. Massie and his angel seemed close which meant that she came to the cafe often. He had decided to come back the next day.

And he did.

In fact, there she was in the same spot, seemingly engrossed in her work. Xavier was surprised when she had invited him to join her. He found himself enjoying Aurora's company, liking the fact that she seemed to not know who he was. No one besides those close to him spoke to him like she did.

Xavier wasn't sure when he was going to see her again. He had gone to the cafe everyday since then, yet he never ran into her, granted he went at odd hours of the day.