t w e n t y t w o

"Aurora?"

Xavier let out a grumble as he laid on his stomach with his eyes still closed. He stuck his arm out to pat the space next to him only to find the bed empty. Opening his eyes with confusion, his eyes darted around the room to see if she was in his room.

She was not.

After dinner last night, he gave her a tour of the rest of the house to which she pointed out that he must've really liked the color black. Despite the lack of colors, it was still a really beautiful house.

Post tour, Xavier convinced her to stay the night, not that it took much convincing. He let her use his shower and gave her one of his old t-shirts to wear, so she could be comfortable. Even though it was one of his older shirts, it still seemed to be really big on her. But it smelled like him, so she wasn't really complaining.

Thankfully, she was always prepared, just in case she had to stay overnight at the firm. Xavier watched in awe as she pulled out makeup wipes and a pouch full of tiny travel sized bottles, which was basically her skin care routine downsized. Her purse was literally a magician's hat.

They spent the rest of the night, cuddling in his bed, watching some show he had never heard of on Hulu. She had originally suggested 'Lucifer', but he adamantly refused, not wanting her to ogle at Tom Elis. No matter how much she promised not to, he still refused. After a 10 minute discussion, they finally settled on 'Brooklyn Nine Nine'. Either way, she was happy since this was one of her favorite shows.

She found herself surprised, yet not surprised that he had never heard of it before. Even though she had already watched most of the episodes, she still laughed. Xavier, on the other hand, thought the show was stupid, but he found himself slightly enjoying it, only because he liked hearing Aurora laugh and giggle. Although he did have to admit that he had no clue why she laughed.

Despite her "total" concentration on the show, she was distracted, on more than one occasion, by the man next to her. He had taken off his shirt and claimed to always go to bed without one, causing her to roll her eyes— but really, she was not complaining.

Under the dim lights, she could see the tattoos that littered his body. They covered his upper arm from his elbow up to his shoulder and some of his chest as well as parts of his back. On multiple occasion, he caught her staring and smirked knowingly, causing her to blush.

"I don't mind if you stare," he had said when he caught her one time. "It's all yours, anyways."

She felt the urge to punch him.

Around halfway throughout an episode, she had fallen asleep on his chest. After gently tucking her in, he turned off the TV and folded her discarded work clothes that she had bundled up and placed onto the couch in his room.

She looked angelic as the moonlight shined through the large window, making the black comforter of his bed contrast Aurora's soft figure. She seemed so small compared to the large bed.

He gently tapped a button, automatically closing the window with black curtains. Soon after, he crawled in next to her, gently pulling her close to him. She let out a soft groan, causing him to freeze and hold his breath in hopes of her not waking up. He finally let out a sigh of relief when she made no noise and wrapped his arm around her. He fell asleep, feeling content as he held her in his arms.

He had woken up at 6am with his arm still wrapped around Aurora's waist, her back to his chest. Slowly, he got out of bed and pulled on a pair of workout shorts, moving quietly so she wouldn't wake up. He found that she moved around quite a bit in her sleep and was actually a heavy sleeper.