t e n

Aurora let out a soft groan.

She was exhausted.

Getting up from her chair, she stretched her arms upward and twisted her back. Sitting back down, she moved her head from left to right, letting out another groan as she heard a crack.

It was Tuesday and she had been sitting in front of the computer reviewing boards since the moment she stepped foot into her office.

As she continued to stare at her screen, Aurora couldn't help her mind wander back to Friday night.

After Aurora had demanded him to make a wish, Xavier suggesting that it was time he take go home since the wind was beginning to pick up. As they neared the entrance of the pier, a man selling roses had stopped them, claiming that they made a beautiful couple.

Before she could deny the man's claims about them being a couple, Xavier had taken out a twenty and paid the man for a beautiful red rose. He gave her a small smile and quietly handed it to her.

Somehow Xavier had let Jackson know that they had gone to the pier as he was already waiting for them at the entrance. Aurora quickly gave Jackson her address, sliding into the backseat with Xavier sitting next to her.

The ride was only 30 minutes without traffic and was filled with light conversation. Aurora even began to converse with Jackson as Xavier had to check his emails on his phone. She was unaware that Xavier had been subtly glancing at her throughout the car ride.

When they arrived at her place, Xavier volunteered to walk her up to her apartment. He had noticed that there was no security, which didn't quite sit well with him. The stairs from the small parking lot led directly to the apartments, making him quite insistent on walking her in.

Before he left, Xavier asked for her number, saying that it was so he could contact her about the hotel, to which Aurora had believed.

He made sure she was safely inside before he left with Jackson. Aurora could feel a smile make its way to her face at his thoughtfulness. That night he sent a good night text, causing her heart to flutter.

And of course, she couldn't keep it a secret from Maddie because the two told each other everything. During their meeting on Saturday, Aurora vaguely explained that she had met a guy from work, purposely leaving his identity out. She didn't want to get her hopes up in case he was just being friendly for the sake of business.

"Aurora, your 12PM is here," Grace announced, knocking on the door, bringing Aurora back to reality. Confused, she looked towards the open door to see nobody behind Grace. She didn't remember seeing an appointment scheduled for 12PM on her calendar.

"I didn't know I had a-"

Aurora froze, her eyes widening as a figure suddenly appeared next to Grace. A small smirk appeared on his face as he stared at Aurora's confused state.

"I'll leave you two to it then," Grace gave Aurora a not so subtle wink before she closed the door behind her, leaving the two alone.

"Xavier," Her voice coming out breathlessly since she was still in shock. "I wasn't aware we were scheduled to meet."

"I know, I just wanted to see you."

A smile appeared on her face as he cleared his throat.

"Did you eat lunch yet?"

"No, I haven't," answered Aurora. Like usual, she had completely forgotten about lunch. "At least, not yet."

Xavier let out a sigh of relief. He knew he should've texted her before he came to her office, but it was a spontaneous decision. He just wanted to see her.