t w e n t y e i g h t

It was hard to dislike Aurora.

She had a natural aura around her that made people love her, which was why Xavier wasn't worried about his family not liking her.

But Aurora, on the other hand, was internally freaking out as his car pulled to a stop in front of a gorgeous mansion. Similar to Xavier's house, they had to enter the estate through a gate. Cars were parked along the large driveway that circled around a garden with a fountain.

"Do you think I went a little overboard with the gifts?" Aurora asked, turning to look at the backseat.

It had been a week since their dinner at her parents' house, and today was the day she was going to meet his parents and family. Aurora wondered how Xavier was able to keep his composure last weekend.

She had spent the entire week thinking about what to bring as gifts for the Knights and she ended up gathering quite the collection. The gifts were catered more towards the younger Knights, with a few selections for the older ones. Now that she thought about it, she may have gone a little crazy.

"Of course not, love," Xavier gave her thigh a gentle squeeze. "They are going to love it and most importantly, they are going to love you."

"I hope so," she said worriedly. Xavier stepped out of the car and walked over to the passenger side to open the door for her.

Holding her purse, she stepped out of the car. As she peered up at him, Xavier could see the anxiousness in her eyes and he gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Don't overthink this, sweetheart," Xavier caressed her cheek, watching as she nodded with a small pout forming on her lips. "Now, come on. They've been waiting all week to meet you."

She turned to grab the gifts from the backseat with the help of Xavier, of course. If it weren't for him, she would've had to make multiple trips back to the car. She helped him carry some of the gifts as well as their overnight bags in her arms since they were planning to spend the weekend with his family.

Xavier led her towards the front door and was about to open the door when Aurora abruptly stopped him.

"Wait," she grabbed onto his arm, which was filled to max capacity. He turned to look at her with confused eyes. "Do I look okay?"

He chuckled as he looked down at his beautiful girlfriend. "I've been telling you this since we left—you look beautiful, love."

She was wearing a black tank top that was lacy at the top tucked into a pair of high waisted jeans. A large slouchy maroon knitted cardigan made sure she wouldn't be cold and she paired the outfit with black heels.

Xavier had also opted for a casual outfit— a bomber jacket over a simple white t-shirt and a pair of distressed jeans

Xavier had also opted for a casual outfit— a bomber jacket over a simple white t-shirt and a pair of distressed jeans. On his feet were a pair of white shoes. She may have let it slip that she liked guys who looked good in jeans and he made it his mission to wear jeans whenever he wasn't in his business attire.