bonus #2

Anxious.

That's what she was feeling right now. Aurora ran her fingers through her hair, trying to calm her racing heart.

She had been in this exact position the day before, but she just couldn't wrap her head around what was happening.

Aurora looked down at the test in her hands for the nth time and she still couldn't believe it.

Two lines.

She was pregnant.

A baby growing inside of her, and it made complete sense as to why she was feeling a bit off the past couple of days.

She had the day off yesterday and while Xavier was at work, she had decided to take the test just in case. Surprised and shocked, she just stared at the positive pregnancy test for a good hour before Xavier came home unexpectedly early, causing her to panic and hide the test in her drawer of tampons— a drawer she knew he wouldn't dare open unless he was buying a box for her at the store when she ran out.

She was happy, of course, but soon, anxiousness filled her mind and her thoughts immediately shifted to the "what-ifs". One, she wasn't sure how Xavier would react. And two, what if she wasn't a good mother?

She was feeling so antsy that she couldn't fall asleep at all that night. There was a part of her that just wanted rip off the bandaid and tell him the news right then and there, knowing he would reassure her because he was just that loving and caring. But there was also a part of her that was scared.

Scared of what? She wasn't sure. Her mind was a jumbled mess at the moment.

After tossing and turning for about an hour, she got up from the bed and went downstairs for a glass of water to help calm her mind. Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by Xavier when he felt that Aurora wasn't next to him in bed.

"What are you doing up, love?"

Her mind was swarming with an endless amount of thoughts that she didn't hear Xavier follow after her. She dropped the glass cup in her hands in surprise, which immediately broke into thousands of tiny shards.

Making the mistake of turning around with the glass shattered around her, she accidentally cut the bottom of her foot.

Xavier immediately went into autopilot mode, picking her up and setting her on the kitchen counter, so she didn't make the mistake of cutting herself again. He cleaned up the glass shards to the very last piece, making sure his clumsy wife wouldn't hurt herself again, before inspecting the small cut on her foot.

Thankfully, it was minor and a simple bandaid would do the trick.

"What were you thinking so hard about that you didn't hear me behind you?" He asked, putting her foot down as he softly gazed down at her.

Aurora looked down at her hands on her lap, feeling bad for causing him trouble at 3 in the morning.

"Nothing," she whispered, not wanting to meet his eyes. She knew he would know something was up because he just knew her that well.

But her plan failed when Xavier sighed and brought her head up so her beautiful brown eyes met his. He could clearly see the turmoil in her eyes. "Are you okay, baby?"

Hesitantly, Aurora answered with a meek nod. Xavier continued to stare at her, trying to figure out what was wrong, but with her not talking, he knew he wasn't going to get anywhere.

In the end, he came up with nothing and simply carried her back to bed, rubbing her back to coax to her sleep.

But even then, Aurora still had trouble sleeping and she didn't sleep until the sun had begun to rise.