bonus #4.5

"Hap burfday papa!"

Xander squealed as soon as everyone stopped singing, clapping his small hands together as he watched the candles in front of him with awe. His eyes twinkled with excitement, the reflection of the flickering candles could be seen in his beautiful grey orbs.

"Thanks, buddy."

Xavier chuckled, trying his best to hold his hyperactive son still on his lap. Ever since Aurora had lit up the candles to the birthday cake, Xander had been going crazy at how bright the candle was.

His family stood around him, and despite it being Xavier's birthday, everyone's attention seemed to be on the 2-year-old who was currently slamming his hands on the table. But who could blame them? Xander was pretty fucking adorable— the kid definitely took after Aurora's charms even though the toddler was basically a carbon copy of Xavier.

Xander continued to squirm, trying to get his hands on the cake in front of him, while Aurora continued to coax him into looking at her phone, wanting to capture the moment. But like they had learned after having Xander, it was never easy trying to get a decent photo.

"Look at mama, baby," coaxed Aurora, trying to get Xander to look at her. "Just for a second— you know what, just blow out the candles already."

Aurora gave up, knowing full on that she wasn't going to get a decent photo, but the candid ones that she had taken were equally as beautiful. Right as Xavier was about to blow out the candles, Aurora stopped him again, causing him to freeze halfway.

"Wait!" She shouted, causing Xander to look at his mother, startled. "Oh, now you choose to look at mama?" She gave her son a playful glare before turning her attention back to her handsome husband. "Close your eyes and make a wish, babe."

There was no use in trying to deny Aurora's words— Xavier would comply anyway. Aurora was the love of his life and he would do anything to make her happy, which included anything from going out of his way to buy her favorite bubble tea whenever she had a craving to watching the Bachelor with her. And yes, no matter how much he thought the show was stupid, he would still watch it with her— she was just that convincing.

She was his goddess and he worshipped her, or as Elijah would say, he "simped" for her— whatever that meant.

God, Xavier could still never understand the language the younger generation used these days, and Aurora continued to tease him about his old age. Truth be told, based on their activities at night, he most definitely wasn't old, a fact that was easily proven to Aurora.

Xavier closed his eyes, wishing that their family remained healthy and happy, and that Aurora's pregnancy would be an easy one. He didn't even pretend to make a wish as Aurora always had a way of finding out whether or not he was faking it.

Chuckles could be heard when he opened his eyes, only to see that the candles were already out and the culprit was the one squealing excitedly on his lap.

"Agwain, papa papa papa," bounced Xander, clapping his hands together.

Xavier chuckled. "Alright buddy, one more time."

Aurora grinned and lit the candles up again. Once again, everyone sang and this time, both Colton, who had climbed up onto a seat next to his cousin and Uncle, and Xander blew the candles out together.

The cake was soon taken away, much to the two cousins' dismay, to be cut and divided up. And like a pack of wolves, the cake was immediately devoured, soon disappearing into the bellies of all of the family members.

Aurora sat with Xander perched onto her lap, Xavier to her left. She was sharing her slice of cake with Xander, who found the chocolate cream more appealing than the actual cake.