t w e l v e

Saturday came by a lot quicker than Aurora expected.

She had accidentally fallen asleep in the bathtub, causing her to begin getting ready a little later than she had planned. So when Liam showed up at her apartment to pick her up, she urgently requested 5 more minutes.

This eventually turned into 20 minutes, with Liam constantly calling out for her to hurry up.

"I'm almost done!" Shouted Aurora, as she quickly tried to curl her hair without burning herself.

"You said that five minutes ago!"

The two continued to bicker back and forth until Aurora finally emerged from her bedroom.

Now, Aurora stood nervously next to Liam at the entrance to the grand ballroom. Liam turned to look at her, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Nervous?" Asked Liam.

"Just a little," Her knuckles were turning white from how hard she was holding onto her clutch.

"Don't be," reassured Liam. "You look beautiful and you're no doubt the most gorgeous woman here."

And indeed, she did look stunning. She was wearing a beautiful burgundy a-line dress that hugged her bodice and slightly flared out at the waist. The floor length skirt had a side slit that started mid-thigh. With a daring v-neckline, thin straps draped over her shoulders and crossed in the open back of the silky satin dress.

 With a daring v-neckline, thin straps draped over her shoulders and crossed in the open back of the silky satin dress

She wore a pair of nude heels and matched her outfit with a clutch that held her essentials.

It was simple, yet elegant.

Her long dark brown hair was curled effortlessly— she had ran her fingers through them. Her makeup was done a bit more dramatic than usual for the evening.

"How would you know that?" muttered Aurora, trying to calm herself with deep breaths. "You haven't even seen anyone else yet."

"I know because those two security guards can't seem to take their eyes off of you," Liam said quietly so that only Aurora could hear.

Aurora's face flushed red as she subtly glance at the two security guards in black suits, whom were in deed looking at her.

"What if I trip down the steps?" Asked Aurora anxiously.

"You'll be fine," comforted Liam as he led Aurora closer to the entrance. The guards opened the doors for them. "And if you do, I'll catch you...hopefully."

"You better," grumbled Aurora, nudging Liam on the side.

Slowly, Aurora and Liam made their way down the steps. Heads began to turn towards them and Aurora could feel their eyes glued onto her face. She couldn't help but feel insecure at all the judging eyes on her.

It seemed a bit too fancy for a simple charity gala. The grand ballroom was decorated in a way that made it seem like they were at a royal ball. Aurora knew that there were probably many important people in the room.