t h i r t y t w o

"I told you I don't need a damn wheelchair. I can walk just fine."

Xavier glared daggers at the nurse, causing her to flinch under his scrutiny. He didn't understand why he had to be pushed to his car waiting at the front of the hospital. He was more than capable of using his crutches for fuck's sake.

Despite it only being a couple of days, he was getting sick of staying at the hospital. But even then, all he wanted to do was go home.

"Mr. Knight, it's hospital protocol," replied the nurse timidly as she tried to grasp the handles, but stepped back when he shouted at her again.

"Well, I don't give a damn abo-"

"Is he giving you guys a hard time?"

The nurse sighed with relief as Aurora walked up to the group with a gentle smile on her face. Before he could make his escape, Aurora patted her boyfriend on the shoulder, preventing him from standing up from the wheelchair.

"But-"

She cut him off with a glare. "Hospital protocol is hospital protocol, babe. Now, sit and let her push you, so we can leave."

Xavier grumbled under his breath as he gave up the fight and sat slumped on the chair. While the nurse continued to push the wheelchair, Aurora bent down and whispered into his ear.

"If you behave, we'll do anything you want when we get back to your house," She kissed his cheek and stood up as they continued their way to the entrance of the hospital.

"Anything?" There was a smirk on his face as he deviously grinned at her.

She nodded, trying to figure out what his plan was. "As long as you stay in bed."

Xavier grabbed her hand and tugged on it, causing her to bend down to his level.

"Oh, I can think of plenty we can do in bed," he whispered into her ear, sneakily nipping her ear before he let her stand up so she could walk comfortably. She rolled her eyes when he didn't let go of her hand, keeping it laced together with his. With a smirk, he turned to the nurse.

"Nurse, can we pick up the pace? I'm trying to get home, so I can take my girlfriend to bed."

Let's just say, he had no more complaints with the wheelchair.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

The weeks passed by rather quickly.

Despite his protests, Xavier was put on strict bed rest. At first, Aurora made sure he stayed in bed, convincing him that the company was fine without their boss and that Lucas had it all under control. It really wasn't that hard to convince him otherwise and she knew exactly what his weakness was.

Her.

But after a week of staying in bed, Xavier desperately missed screaming at his employees and finally managed to coerce his concerned girlfriend to let him at least go to work. She finally agreed with a pout, which he immediately kissed away, along with a promise of ice cream.

But, of course, she had conditions.

He was only allowed to go to work and had to come straight home, so his ankle could rest. She even enlisted the help of Jackson to keep an eye on his boss, making sure he didn't overexert himself. He was to report directly to her on how often he walked around.

Xavier found this amusing, since he was the one paying Jackson, but entertained Aurora's wishes since he knew it would make her feel better.

Aurora had also been staying at Xavier's house, wanting to be close, so she could take care of him. She only went back to her apartment to grab some things when she needed it. She even kept some of her clothing and most of her necessities in his house. All of her makeup and skincare products were laid spread out in the vanity room that Xavier never used.