I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 17

-Flashback-

"So...it's still him, after so many years." Sasuke whispered above my head when I began to calm down from crying.

"Weren't you aware of the proposal?" He asked. "I thought he had everyone informed because even your friends know it." He continued.

I raised my head and looked at him, "K-Kiba-kun and Shino-kun knows it?!"

He nodded. "But I guess both of them thought it was you Naruto was going to propose to based from their reactions awhile ago."

"How about you, Sasuke-kun? Were you aware of it too?" I asked him.

"Yes, but just like the information that was given to your friends." He replied.

I freed myself from his arms and stood. "I see." I wiped my tears with my bare hands.

"Here." He handed me his handkerchief.

"Eh? N-No thanks", I waved my hands infront of him gesturing my refusal to the offer. "Y-You've done enough, I don't want your handkerchief to get dirty. Hehe!" I turned around and continued wiping . I heard him sigh. He walked infront of me and pulled my hand away.

He began cleaning my face with the small cloth. "When somebody offers you help, accept it." He said. His handkerchief smells nice.

I just stared at him unsure of what to speak about while he cleaned my face or was I put into a trance by his nice-smelling handkerchief. Slowly, I closed my eyes savoring the foreign yet pleasant smell. The way he touches my face made me feel his care for me.

My eyes shut wide open when I felt him grabbed my wrist. I gasped.

"Did I scare you?" He was staring at me.

"A-Ano..." I hope I'm not blushing.

Before I could open my mouth for the second time, Sasuke slightly turned my wrist. "Don't you even care about how you look right now?" I looked down and saw my arms were covered with mud.

"Must have been when I tripped awhile back." I tried to remove the dirt with my other hand but was stopped, instead, he again used his handkerchief to clean it off.

I pulled my hand away, "N-No! You'll get your handkerchief dirtier!"

"Stop complaining." He again held my wrist and wiped off the dirt on my arm. I kept silent while watching him clean my arm like a child being reprimanded by her dad.

"Don't go running in the dark again. You're so silly. If there was a hole you might have been caught in it and nobody could find you." He held my other arm and cleaned it next.

Why are you so kind, Sasuke-kun? Why do you care so much for me? You were supposed to be with your best friend right now celebrating his milestone. Why did you chose to go after me?

"-H-Hey, stop crying!" The surprised Sasuke said.

"S-Sasuke-kun..." I looked at him.

"What." He stopped wiping my arm.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"..." He resumed at what he was doing. I chuckled a bit. He's still the Sasuke I've known from middle school.

"What's funny? Just awhile ago you were crying and now you're laughing." He said bending to clean my knees next, but after wiping my knee once, he stood back and offered the cloth to me. "H-Here. I assume you can clean your knees on your own."

"R-Right!" I said while I immediately held the cloth and cleaned my knees. He walked away for awhile. The bruises on my knees sting when I clean them.