I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 19

"Nee-san! Nee-san! Nee-san!" Hanabi cried.

I slowly opened my eyes as it were blinded by light.

I can see the light.

"A-Am I...dead?" I asked my sister.

"Neee-saaaann!!!" Hanabi hugged me. "Don't leave me!" she cried more.

I wrapped my arms around my sister feeling her warmth.

"I-I'm not d-dead?" I whispered to myself.

Lifting my hands in the air. I saw the different lengths of slashes  I did to my arms and wrists. Blood already dry.

My eyes went wide. This can't be!

I touched my cheek. I can still feel my warm skin.

No way!

I slapped my cheeks. I can still feel pain.—Why can I still feel pain? No!

"W-Why am I still alive?" I talked to myself.

"Nee-san! What are you saying! W-Why did you try committing suicide?" Hanabi cried while she shook me. Her face occupied with tears.

It broke my heart. Why does seeing my sister breaks my heart so much?

"I'm taking you to the hospital right now! D-Don't worry, everything will be okay now!" Just as Hanabi was able to fully stand up, I caught her hand.

"Wait!" I tried to sit. "D-Don't take me to the hospital, Hanabi."

"B-Blood!!! So much blood!" Hanabi panicked. I looked down to where I laid and my eyes can't believe what it saw.

"Nee-san!!! Please, let's go to the hospital!" She started bringing me up through my shoulder.

"P-Please! Hanabi, don't!" I pleaded. "Just let me be, I-I can take care it by myself."

"B-But—"

"I don't want anyone to know about this. My f-friends would surely get worried and f-father would get m-mad. So please, Hanabi."

"Nee-san..." She stared at me with a very worried look.

"Hanabi, listen to me. What you saw right now will only be a secret between the two of us. D-Don't worry, I think I'm far away from dying." I smiled at my crying sister.

Why am I still alive? Why can't I just die!

"Why are you doing this?" She asked while she was about to cry again.

"I-I'd rather not tell you right now, Hanabi." I smiled again as I wiped her tears.

"Why..." she asked again but I refused to reply.

I stood up slowly to search for my phone. I walked around the room, my eyes wandering at my disarranged room.

"Nee-san, what are you looking for?" my sister asked.

"Have you seen my p-phone, Hanabi?" I searched every corner of my room.

"N-No. You know, I was calling you since last night and you're not answering." my sister stood near me.

"L-Last night? Haven't heard my phone rang." I said without looking at her while I continued searching.

"Really?" she asked with a doubt.