I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 16

'Naruto-kun...' I hit the trunk of tree mercilessly. The pain my hands felt was nothing compared to what my heart feels.

A few more times until I felt a hand grabbed my arm that was about to punch the trunk of the tree.

I was instantly pissed off with whoever this person is.

"Leave me alone." I said in a serious yet shaky voice without looking at the person's face.

"Stop it." The person said seriously, still holding my arm.

"Please. Leave me alone.." I said in a more serious tone.

"Stop." the person said.

I punched the trunk with my other hand, "I said leave alone!" I shouted but with a hint of shaky voice.

"No." he said.

That's it! I closed my eyes and lifted my hand, still clenched, as I swung around real fast to punch this person so he'll let go of me. "Haaaa!"

I felt my fist bumped into something. Have I punched him? I hope he's not mad because I just want him to leave me alone. The next thing I realized is that fingers started to wrap around my fist. He caught my fist with his large hand! I immediately opened my eyes but what I first saw was his chest. Yikes! This man is tall!

Now both of my arms were caught. What should I do?

"Hinata." he spoke. I slowly lifted my head up to see who this person was.

I held my breath and my eyes went wide as I met his eye. He was staring at me.

"S-S-Sa..S-Sa-"

-Flashback- (POV)

You think nobody noticed but I did; how tightly you held that gift which I assume is for Naruto. The smile you gave me earlier, it seems that you're very happy. Your love for that dobe has never faded, isn't it? Your eyes sparkled with love and hope.

I am so happy for you, Hinata. Finally the long wait is over.

Lucky dobe.

There's something I have to tell you tonight but I guess I'll never have the chance to tell you.

Nevermind.

The next thing the dobe did was quite unexpected. I got confused as to why is he proposing to Sakura and not you.

Is he trying to play a joke? But seriously, I got worried for you. I know what you're feeling right now.

You dropped the little box you were holding and you apologized.

That angered me because you don't have to say sorry. I wanted to hit that dobe's head to make him realize everything. It was his fault for making you suffer this way after all.

You turned around and I saw tears flowed down your eyes while you made your way out. Something tells me that I should follow you but how should I get out of here without others knowing?

Every second that passed by while I sit here doing nothing kills me. I took a deep breath. Come what may! I stood up and just like what I've thought. Everyone on our table looked at me.

"Where are you going?", Sai asked.

"Comfort room." I said while I got out of my seat.

"Oh. I thought you would make your way out just like Hinata-san." Sai continued but I didn't bother to answer him anymore.

I walked pass Shikamaru and I heard him say, "Good luck." This Nara guy seems like he can easily read people's minds. I didn't respond.

I continued to walk inside the comfort room. There were no people inside and that made me make the plan without hassle.