I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 23

I stared at the sunset through my window. The fire colored trees swayed gracefully while some of its leaves were blown by the wind.

How long had I been locked up in this house now? One month? Two? Three?

Eight months. Spring, summer, fall, and now it's almost winter.

When can I go out? I wonder what the outside already looks like?

For eight months I had never seen anybody except for my sister, father and our maids. The last time the sun has grazed my skin was during my sister brought me down the garden-but still within the premises of our home. She does this every weekend when she have no classes.

On weekdays after school, she brings home sweets from the new bake shop along the way home. She likes saying "new" because I haven't been there yet.

I've lost touch to my friends too for eight months already. Were they worried about me? Do they know what happened? Where I am now? Why aren't they visiting me?

I miss them.

Do they miss me too?

I looked into the beautiful sky above me. Yellow orange slowly transcending into blue violet. I sighed. The sky was picturesque emanating different emotions. Happiness and sadness. Hyper and calm.

Am I really doing the right thing? Should I just compromise?

No. Hinata, you're not marrying that guy. If I were to rot in this place then so be it!

I pulled the curtain over the window and sat at the edge of my bed.

Come on, Hinata. Think!

What should you do?

I took a deep breath and bit my lip. I'm not going back to being suicidal.

Hanabi was all over paranoid especially long time ago when she found out I almost drowned at the sea. She was afraid I might go suicidal again that's why she checks me out on my room often.

I promised my sister that I won't harm myself anymore.

I have to be strong-for the people who love me.

This time I won't back out.

I have to win this battle.

But then how do I start?

"Onee-san?", my sister called out while she knock on my door. Right, it's almost evening. My sister is home from school.

I stood up as I clear all the bad thoughts in my head. She probably brought another set of sweets to share with me.

"Hanabi", I smiled as I open the door.

I scanned on my sister and with no mistake she brought another box of sweets but larger this time. She was giving the box towards me, "Onee-san.."

"Eh~ Hanabi, we can't eat this many tonight!" I chuckled shyly as I receive the box.

"Onee-san, those are not food." She laughed. "But yeah, I bought more sweets and pastries today. They're all in the kitchen."

I gave my sister a confused look. "T-Then what's this?" I tried working on the ribbon around the box.

"A gift...from father." She spoke hesitatingly.

"F-Father?" My hands undoing the lace went stiff as I looked to my sister with fear. What devious plan is he doing again?

My sister place a hand over mine, "Don't worry onee-san, I was the one who chose it."