I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 34

I still can't believe what he had sacrificed for my sake.

His reputation is now at risk. All because of me; to repay all the damages he had caused me.

I sobbed in my dark room.

I may have won my battle but it left so many casualties in return. I can't smile despite finally getting what I want.

Father despised the Uchihas especially their youngest son, Sasuke-kun.

The merging of companies were all put to waste leaving all the plans for the future of the business crumble; and Sasuke-kun getting a bad record to his reputation.

I'm sorry, everyone.

I'm very sorry.

I never thought of the other consequences. I was so careless. I cried and cried and only sleep had stopped me from crying.
.
.
.
I woke up late next morning. Father said we're going to meet the elders to talk over things regarding the Uchihas.

On the meeting, father said he wants the Uchihas out of our company. The elders explained that it wouldn't be that easy because they had contributed a lot for our company for several years already.

Bla..Bla..Bla..

Company issues. I don't really understand.

But this guilt in my heart has never left.

Should I tell them the truth?

Should I tell?

But then everything that Sasuke-kun did will all go to waste!

I clenched my fists.

Somebody please tell me what to do!

My eyes begin to blur. I'm on the verge of crying when my phone rang.

My phone echoed in the small room making father and the elders look at me.

"E-Excuse me." I hurriedly went out with my head down; embarrassed.

I brought out my phone from my bag. It was Itachi-san!

What does he want?

I walked away from the room before answering it. "H-Hello?"

"Hinata-chan!" Itachi-san was pretty eccentric despite what happened.

"H-Hai?" I honestly don't know what to say to Sasuke-kun's brother.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I-I'm fine. H-How is Sasuke-kun?" I shyly asked.

"Well..he's already fine. Yeah, before I forget, I called to tell you that my brother is leaving tonight. I don't know where because he won't tell." Itachi-san said.

"I remember him saying he wanted to go away and begin again. Hmmm...probably abroad. That's my guess. I know you want to talk to my brother during the wedding but I stopped you. Sorry...Anyway! Yeah, I'm helping you Hinata-chan. If you want I can send you what hotel he is in right now. I can't bring him home because our father is still in a bad mood." He continued.

"T-Thank you, Itachi-san. I..I actually went to Naruto-kun's apartment last night to see Sasuke-kun but he was drunk." I said.

"Really? Naruto didn't tell me. Anyway, I'm sure you didn't have a good talk since he's drunk. My brother gets possessed when he's drunk." Itachi-san chuckled.

"Itachi-san.." my voice shook. "I'm sorry." I cried over the phone. "I wasn't expecting any of this to happen! If only I knew his plans! I would've had stopped him! I tried calling him awhile ago but he won't answer. I-Is he mad at me?"