I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 24

I was busy having fun with my sister when somebody spoke out of nowhere.

"Sorry I'm late." A familiar voice was heard by my ears.

And I stiffened unable to swallow the food that was already on my spoon.

I couldn't even look on the direction where that person is, but I know who it was. That voice..

"Sasuke!" My father stood from his chair and fetched him at the door of the room. They shook hands.

"Sorry I'm late. I had an emergency meeting for our shoot tomorrow." He explained.

"No! It's fine! Don't worry about it, we've just started dinner. Come join us." Father led him to the chair-in front of me!

"Here, take a sit." He gestured the vacant seat opposite to mine.

"Sorry our son has been really busy since he arrived home yesterday." Sasuke's father spoke.

"Oh. Glad you made time to see us, Sasuke." Father went back to his chair.

"It's fine, Hyuuga-san." He nodded.

I couldn't look at him. Doesn't he have no shame appearing in this house?

I was madly wishing that I have some kind of teleporting powers right now so I could escape on this situation I'm in.

"Hinata, why don't you greet Sasuke?" Father's voice made me almost fall off my seat. "And why don't you pass that bowl of salad to him. You've been staring at it for quite awhile now."

"H-Hai." I said without looking to father.

I held the bowl with my both hands and pass it on to Sasuke avoiding eye contact, "here."

"Thanks." I heard him say as he received the bowl.

"Welcome back Uchiha-san." Hanabi spoke.

"Thank you, Hanabi." Sasuke replied.

"Oh! I bought some pastries awhile ago, would you like some?" She asked them.

"Sure my dear Hanabi cutie." Sasuke's mom said happily.

"Okay, I'll go get it! I bought my nee-sans's favorite too!" My sister went to the kitchen.

"A-Ano... I'll go help my sister." I excused myself and followed her.

"Onee-san.. what are you doing here?" Hanabi asked while setting the pastries on the porcelain tray.

"Nothing." I said.

Hanabi paused, "oh really?"

"Can I ask you something?" I stood beside her.

"What is it, onee-san?" She asked while she continued arranging the foods on the tray.

"Are you and father teaming up to bring me and that Uchiha together?" I asked.

"Hehe! Don't you like Uchiha-san? You know what, putting all the past aside, I would say you look good together." She grinned.

What? What are you thinking Hanabi! You should be on my side not father's!

"I see nothing wrong if you and Uchiha-san start dating." She winked at me.

"Not gonna happen, Hanabi!" I opened the back door of the kitchen.

"O-Onee-san? Going somewhere?" Hanabi asked.

"Outside. Tell them my stomach hurts so I can't go back." I winked back to my sister.

"Oh!" Hanabi looked up and pointed her index finger to her chin. "Ah! Onee-san can't go back because her stomach hurts. She said she can't handle too much butterflies!" She nodded.