I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 9

Our practice at Sasuke's house last weekend was a fail. We barely sang even though we were at their music room. We kept arguing about whether to sing the song so we just ended up listening to it.

He kept insisting that we should look for another song. But no matter how rock-solid his words are, I was still able to convince him. That's what you call, Hyuuga power! Just kidding. I don't know why I was able to make him agree. That's really a mystery for me.

"Thinking of the dobe again?" I heard a voice behind me. I knew it's him. I immediately turned to face him while glaring my eyes.

'There she goes blushing again.' Sasuke said in his mind.

He sighed as he sit beside me. "And here I thought I'm going to be earlier. If not only because of those girls." Yeah, he is like a celebrity here at school that's why I have to stay away from him even when going here at the school playground or else the fan girls will surely attack me when they knew their dear Sasuke is with a girl.

I chuckled softly, "I have finally b-beaten you." Even not in academics. Even just by being punctual.

"What did you just say?" He asked.

"Oh! I-It's nothing, r-really. S-So, what do you want to t-talk with me?" Trying to change our topic.

"I'm thinking if we could do the practice at your home—this weekend. You see, we only got a week left." He said.

"M-M-My h-home?" I was surprised. "W-Why can't we just p-practice here at s-school? E-Every after c-class?" I added.

"No. We can't do that." He looked far, his voice was just calm.

"W-Why not?" I asked him but I receive no response. I decided to follow his gaze and there I saw what he's looking at. There were two girls trying to peek at us while hiding behind a tree.

I let out a loud sigh. "Right, your f-fan girls."

He stood up and started to walk away but his feet was put into a halt and he turned at me. "Weekend at your house. That's final."

I just nodded. I don't know if he doesn't like his fan girls to hear his voice, though everyone will on our performance day, or he was preventing them from seeing me which could mean he cares for my safety? But he already failed in the first place because two fan girls have seen me already. Either way, I shouldn't worry about that. I'm not sure if dad will be okay to have his daughter a male visitor.

I left the school playground as soon as Sasuke left, not minding the two girls glaring at me from afar.

(Saturday)

Oh snap! I forgot to tell Sasuke where I live! Wait,I I should call him then.

Oh no! I don't even know his number!

Great. Now how are we going to give a decent performance next week? AH! I'll just go to the Uchiha residence then—but it's far.

I sat at the couch with my hands on my face. 'What have you done Hinata! You're such a silly to forget!'

Fine! I'll go wait for him for two hours, if he didn't arrive then I'll go to his house.

-After an hour-

(Sasuke's POV)

Thank God, I was able to arrive at the Hyuuga residence. Thanks to dad who is friends with Hinata's dad, I was able to get here even without Hinata telling me. But nevermind that. Whoa—I didn't expect her house to be this big. I pity the maids.

I was greeted by maids at the door who led me inside their living room area. A few moments later, a small girl went down the stairs. She has the same eye color as Hinata so I assume she's a relative.

"Who are you?" The young girl asked me.

"I'm Uchiha Sasuke, Hinata's classmate." I said in my nicest way so I could have a good impression to all the people here in the mansion.

"Oh, is that so?" She raised her left brow. "She's at Neji-nii-san's house." She continued walking to the door.

"N-Neji's house? Then she's not here?" I asked. 'I've wasted my time looking for her house only to find out she's not here? Oh great!'

"Neji-nii-san's house is in this compound. Don't worry because some of our maids will get you there." The young Hyuuga girl then went out of the door but Sasuke was still able to give his thanks. Soon after, the maids assisted the visitor to Neji's house.

"Hinata's classmate?" I saw a long-haired boy come out from the door. Seriously, I thought it was Hinata at first.

He stared at me first as if scanning me from head to toe. "I'm Hyuuga Neji, Hinata's cousin. And you are?"

"I'm Uchiha Sasuke." I said.

He opened the door wider, "Alright, come in."

"Thanks." I walked inside leaving the maids outside.

As we near the living room, I heard several voices by which seem to be having fun.

"Oh! You didn't tell me you got another visitor, Neji!", A girl with two buns on her head said surprisingly.

"Hi there cutie.", A blonde girl with four pigtails interrupted.

"Stop that Temari, I thought you told me that your heart only belongs to that pineapple-haired boy.", A boy with violet lines on his face said.

"That's true brother. But damn, he's too lazy. Too lazy to notice me—but I won't stop until he notices me." The blonde girl sighed.

"Uchiha-san, my cousin is at the music room. Just go upstairs and at the end of the hallway is where the room is." Neji said.

I thanked him before I went upstairs. What's wrong with the people in the living room—girls with weird hairstyles and a boy with violet makeup. Maybe that's the reason why Hinata's cousin lives on a separate house.

As I walked, I realized that the hallway was long. I didn't expect this to be a home for only one person. Our home is just a little bit bigger than this house.

A faint voice captured my attention as I get nearer the end of the hallway. It's coming from that room and it must be Hinata. As soon as I reached the room, I carefully and quietly opened the door.

It seems that Hinata didn't notice it because another song started to play.

'Her voice is so angelic. I didn't know she could sing this good. Lucky dobe for having such a girl going head over heels on him.'

He remained still to where he is standing savoring the sweet voice of his classmate.

---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---  
Aww.. I think Sasuke is already starting to fall for the Hinata-chan. I originally thought of this chapter to be long but I've decided to cut it into two chapters because I feel sleepy already. Lol. And sorry for describing Neji's friends as weird. :))

See you on the next chapter guys! I would be glad to know your opinion so don't hesitate to leave your comments! ^_^