I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 14

"What about you guys go ahead?", I said.

"Huh?! And how about you?" Ten Ten said.

"I still have to curl m-my h-hair. I know this will take s-some time, but I p-promise to make it to school on time!" I grinned in front of my cousin and his girlfriend.

Ten Ten crossed her arms while she stared sharply at me, "Oh no missy, that excuse as a way to back out is so lame! Believe me, that's so lame!" She grabbed my right arm and while pulling me out of the door she said,  "You ain't going anywhere, you're coming with us! Neji and I wouldn't leave without you." Crap! How did she know!

We walked past my cousin and I could clearly remember his face at that moment. He was smiling.

I pouted at him as I let myself dragged by his girlfriend to the car.

"Hinata-sama, quit spacing out we're almost there." My cousin's voice brought myself back to the current situation I'm in. Ever since we left my apartment, my mind couldn't stop thinking how Ten Ten saw through my excuse. I thought it was perfect, I guess I really am weak.

We arrived a little bit early at the venue though there were already some people around. While we make our way to the gymnasium, Ten Ten held my hand.  "Hinata-chan! Is something bothering you? You look sad."

"Thinking of him?", my cousin spoke.

"N-No! I... I'm...I-I'm just worried with my h-hair. I really think I would look b-better with my hair curled." my careless mouth and lame brain said. And am I that too easy to read? I've been away from my cousin for years yet it seems like he knew me inside out.

"Oh really—but you look perfect tonight, Hinata-sama." my cousin said.

"That's right!" Ten Ten supported his boyfriend. "Nothing to worry about! Your cousin speaks only the truth. You know, Hyuugas are really beautiful. Maybe if I were to dress Neji with a —"

"Shut up." Neji-nii-san said in a cold yet threatening tone. Ten Ten laughed and so did I. It made me forget the anxiety for awhile, at least.

We continued our walk to the gymnasium entrance while making fun of my cousin. He was really pissed especially to his girlfriend who said she'll let her boyfriend wear one of her dresses.

My thoughts really shifted to imagining my cousin wearing a ladies' dress with some makeup on and really nice hairdo. I was laughing internally so as not to look that I'm making too much fun of my cousin. I didn't notice that we were already in front of the door until I felt like eyes were on us—on me.

"Isn't that girl the Hyuuga?", I heard someone said.

"Yeah, right. The girl who was humiliated during middle school." , the other said.

'Crap! They still remembered?! Are these even my classmates?'

"She even had the guts to attend tonight.", a female voice said.

"I wonder if she'll get another surprise tonight!" and they all laughed at the same time as we passed by them.

I felt so pathetic as that bad memory came back at that moment. My head was facing the ground since I heard them talk about me. No, I'm not crying but I felt like I want to run away. Thanks to Ten Ten who held me closer to her and said that I shouldn't worry about the noisy bees without brains who only know how to make fun of others. I felt safe around Ten Ten and my cousin, and with that, I had gathered all the courage that's left in me and had managed to make it on our table. Our table, I mean my cousin's and his friends' table. His friends were already present when we arrived.

"My..my.. Look at who have just came in! It's the inseparable duo—I mean couple." Temari said. "Both of you looked so elegant tonight!" She stepped forward to embrace the couple.

My cousin's face is as expressionless as always while his girlfriend flashed a very sweet smile to her friend as she said thank you.

"Oh! Hinata! How are you?" She hugged me next.

"I'm f-fine." I smiled at her.

"You looked elegant as well! I love your dress!"  She stared at my dress.

"T-Thanks! Neji-nii-san c-chose it for me." I said.

"REALLY?!" Kankuro who was standing behind his sister almost choked up from drinking.

Temari on the other hand was speechless for a moment trying to sink into her head what I've just said. After awhile, she burst into a loud laugh, "Oh no, you've got to be kidding right?"

"It's really unbelievable right, Temari-san!" Ten Ten hooked her right hand to Neji's left arm. "Choose a dress for me when we go shopping next time, ne?" She told her boyfriend.

"Whatever." My cousin said. And everyone chuckled. Except for my cousin, of course.

Honestly, I was quite satisfied with my dress. I'm wearing a strapless purple dress with the skirt stopping almost to my knees.  My cousin knows my favorite color. My dress is matched with a gold  open toe high heels. I added some accessories too and they're the same color as my shoes. Ten Ten also put some light makeup on me.

Meanwhile, my cousin's girlfriend was wearing a dark red A-line skirt dress with a silver open toe high heels. Unlike her usual hairstyle, she had all her hair down for tonight. On the other hand my cousin wore flat-front khaki, grey v-neck sweater and a navy blue sport coat. His shoes are colored white but he says it's grey. Oh well.

In addition, Temari was wearing a white sheath dress with a colored tan high heels. Her hair was in a messy bun and tied with a red and violet lace ribbon.

After some few conversations, Temari looked at me. "Hinata, aren't you supposed to be with your classmates? They might be looking for you by now."

"Y-Yes, I'll go w-when I see them around."  Well, I was just waiting for two people, Kiba and Shino.

"Oh okay." Temari smiled at me. "I hope you're not feeling a bit out of place in our group."

I smiled back, "N-Not at all, Temari-san."

I didn't spoke after my response to Temari since I really had been an outcast on the group. They started talking about their lives. Their current life, student  memories and plans for the future. When they laugh I also smile, just trying to be a part of their conversation.  There was a soft background music but the people talking was a bit louder.

After a few minutes of listening to their good conversation, I spotted Kiba across our table. He was busy with his phone. I was trying not to leave my eyes on him as I might lose sight of him over the crowd.

"Hinata-sama, your phone is ringing." Neji-nii-san said.

"Oh! Thank you N-Neji-nii-san." I picked up my phone from my purse and answered it.

"Oi! Hinata! Where are you? The program's about to start." It was Kiba.

"I-I'm already here." I said.

"Really? Where?" He said.

"W-Wait for me. I'll go over t-there."  I said.

"You can see me?" He asked.

"Yes. I-I'm coming, okay?" I ended the call as excused myself from my cousin's group and rushed over to where my friend is.

"I'm here!"  I patted Kiba's hair.

"Hey! You're messing up my hair!" He put down my hand as I laughed at him. "Stop it, Hinata. It's so not you. You should act more womanly tonight."

"W-Whatever, Kiba-kun! W-Where's Shino-kun?" I asked him.

"I was about to ask that question too." He said. "Maybe he'll arrive soon. Let's go to our table!" I nodded as he smiled at me.

We found out that Chouji was in the same table as ours. He was already there eating some barbecue. The other three seats were reserved for me, Kiba and Shino which means there will be one unoccupied seat since there were five chairs for every table.  Shino arrived ten minutes after.

It was soon when the lights on the gymnasium went dim. It caught everybody's attention to where the spotlight is.

"Good evening my dear ladies and gentlemen!" It was the principal, Tsunade. "Whoa! It's a bit dark over there but I can see there's a lot of people tonight!" She cleared her throat. "Anyways, welcome to the Konoha High's school reunion!" After she gave her welcome address she finally said, "Thank you for coming tonight, this event wouldn't be possible without you guys. I hope we enjoy the rest of the night! Thank you!" There was a loud round of applause after that.

When the lights turned back, I went shocked as I saw Yamanaka Ino at the table on our left.  She was with three girls—and they were looking at me, including Ino. Ino was smiling at me but not the usual smile. It was something like she was planning something. Thank goodness Sakura wasn't there, but still, it made me feel so uneasy which made me want to go to a comfort room. I was about to stand when I turned to my right to get up, I saw him. Naruto.

I fell back to my seat and it caught his attention. He looked at me and smiled just a little. I don't know what to do so I just turned my head down pretending I didn't saw him. I felt like my butt melted and got stuck on the chair I was sitting at.

"Are you okay, Hinata?" Kiba asked.

"Y-Yes." I answered quietly.

"Oi, Kiba!" I heard him.

"Hey! Naruto!" Kiba stood and went over to Naruto's table. Naruto's tablemates were not yet around so it was just him and Kiba chatting.

I was so nervous that I can't even look to both of my sides. Ino and the girls on the left while Naruto on my right. Who the hell did this seating arrangement! I was just staring at my legs when Kiba called me.

"Hinata, come join us!" Kiba said. I didn't respond. I felt a hand grab my right arm. Kiba was standing right next to me. "Hey, what's wrong? Let's go over to Naruto's table! I'm sure you missed him so much! Hehe!" He dragged me over Naruto's table and as we reached the table Naruto offered me a seat.

"N-N-No! Thanks!" I told him.

"Huh?" Naruto said.

"I-I-I need to go to the comfort room. Hehe!" I hastily said like I was a rapper. I pulled my arm from Kiba's grip and run to the nearest comfort room (to find comfort! Ha ha just kidding!)

"Hey!" I heard Kiba shout as I left the gymnasium.

"Is she ignoring you?" Kiba asked.

"I don't know." Naruto replied.

I reached the comfort room and thank God because there were only two persons inside. I went in front of the mirror to fix my hair and dress as well.

Right. Kiba knows nothing about what happened between me and Naruto. He didn't know about my confession to Naruto. That means Naruto hadn't told Kiba about it too.

I walked out of the room and stood for a moment. I took a deep breath and started to walk back to my seat.

As I pass by Kiba and Naruto, I heard them talking about a plan. Something like, "Do you think everything will go according to our plan?" and "Of course yes!" It's not like I am eavesdropping but their voices were too loud and if it's a secret they should be keeping their voices low. Anyway, Shikamaru, Lee and Sai were already present at Naruto's table.

The program has started. There will be bands singing, dance numbers and other special numbers by the alumni.

I was about to take a sit when I heard screams from girls near the entrance door of the gymnasium. Everyone immediately stopped and look at the door's direction. I forgot to take a sit as I was so curious to know what was going on.

The doors slammed open as a group of people entered. Each of them holding their cameras and taking pictures of this certain someone. I couldn't see who, since we were a bit in front, near the stage. The people near the door saw it first and grabbed their cameras and phones to take pictures as well. Everyone was waiting for this somewhat "popular" person.

The scream got louder when the person showed up to our sight. It was no other than the pink haired, Haruno Sakura. She was wearing her sweetest smile along with her aqua halter dress.

She was slowly making her way to the front area of the gymnasium as she kept on posing in front of people. I supposed that she was making her way over here since her friend Ino is just beside us. I took a sit on my chair.

Meanwhile, another scream was heard at the door.  And like Sakura, a bunch of paparazzi were also there. We waited for this certain person to come out and behold! It was the popular boy way back middle school, Uchiha Sasuke! Girls immediately ran up near him to take a good photo of him. He surely has changed. He was smiling! To the camera—and to the girls! What on earth had happened?! Before, he was so disgusted with the fan girls but now it was the total opposite! I can't believe it! And I refuse to believe! The world has probably gone crazy.

Sakura first reached Naruto's table and greeted him with a hug. She then passed by our table and looked at me. She lifted her right hand and waved at me as she said 'Hi' but without a voice, I read her lips. Upon reaching her friend's table she was greeted by a kiss and hug from Ino and the other three girls. Although they were already busy chatting by themselves, some paparazzi were still not over from taking photos from the girl.

Sasuke came over Naruto's table quite fast but he was still entertaining his fans from taking photos of him. Sasuke looked pretty handsome tonight. He had an almost the same outfit as my cousin. Naruto almost had the similar outfit as well though his coat was colored light orange. I guess it was the trending stuff this season.

"Uchiha-san, it seems that you and Sakura-san arrived together. Is she the girl you're dating?" Asked one girl.

"Huh?!" Sasuke raised an eyebrow.

"The one you told in the magazine last month?" She said.

"Oh.." He smiled without even answering the girl's question.

And because of the commotion this two people who have just arrive was making, Tsunade grabbed the microphone and ordered the paparazzis to get out of the area and the girls to return to their respective seats. I finally got to breathe clean air again. Hah!

"Troublesome." I heard Shikamaru say as he leaned back at his chair.

"Quite popular now huh, Sasuke-teme!" Naruto spoke loudly.

"Shut it dobe. You're making a scene." Sasuke said. He looked at our table only to meet my eyes accidentally. When I realized that he was looking at me, I immediately looked away.

"Oi! Sasuke-teme, tell me how to get some fan girls!" Naruto asked him.

"Shut up." said Sasuke.

I really wondered why Sakura and Sasuke was a total eye-candy to these paparazzis  and so to seek answers I asked my friend Kiba.

"Kiba-kun? W-Why is that Sakura-san and S-Sasuke-kun followed by paparazzis?" I asked.

"Huh?! Are you dumb? Oh! That's right, I haven't told you yet." He said.

"Haven't told w-what?" I said.

"Sakura and Sasuke are both celebrities. They're like the hot stuff right now." Kiba said.

I was speechless for a moment. "R-R-Really?"

I looked at Sasuke while Kiba continued talking. "But Sakura is the real hot stuff! She's famous internationally—did some big hit movies, tv series and she's also a model. Oh wow, she had achieved lots of things for such a young age! And about Sasuke, he's just starting he's career as a model though he had made some movies as well.  He's already famous all over the country. God Hinata! I don't even know why you're not aware of these things. Where were you living for several years that you haven't known these things?"

Sasuke really had changed—a lot. He looked more confident and happy. His smile, I've never seen them before. And he can talk to everyone without getting awkward. I think he had a better relationship to Naruto and others now though they still call each other 'dobe' and 'teme'.  That thing makes me happy, somehow, a part of them still hadn't changed.

"Hinata? Are you listening?" Kiba asked me.

"Y-Yes. I-I'm so happy for the both of t-them." I smiled. And I better not mess with Sakura from now on, for sure her worldwide fan base will hunt me. The whole world will hate me.

The program continued. It was a night full of fun, for them— I guess. Everyone was so busy chatting with each other while savoring their meals at the same time.

"H-Hinata?" I heard someone called me. I looked at the vacant seat beside me and viola! Guess who it was. Sakura-san.

---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---  
I believe my last update was still last August. Lol! I'm so sorry.. I'm really very veeerrryyy sorry!!! :'( So what do you think of this chapter? I know it's quite short. My next update would probably be at the end of the month, if things go according to my schedule. Hehe! Again, I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting for a very long time especially to those who are really waiting for the update. But, thanks a lot for keeping in touch with the story! Haven't I told you yet that you guys are my inspiration for continuing this story? :D

Anyways, I'm really excited and sad at the same time about the Naruto manga ending this week. I just can't believe it's ending! But no matter what happens, our inner ninja will never fade! It will forever and ever be in our hearts, ttebayo! :'|

Alright time for me to sleep, it's about 3:40 in the morning already over here. Sweet dreams! <3