I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 15

I really don't know what to do—how to handle this situation. I was able to escape the bullies at the entrance awhile ago but I don't think I could still make that for the second time especially that it is their leader I'm currently dealing with. Should I run or should I talk to her and act like nothing had happened in the past? I'm scared. What if she do something to embarrass again?

I tried to give a 'don't-even-dare-bully-me' look at her so she would back off but it was no use. I was intimidated even just by her presence, especially now that I knew she isn't just a nobody in the society anymore.

But I still hate her. She gave Naruto a hug awhile back when she got here. How dare she do that! She's even using Naruto to make me suffer! If only she wasn't famous, I would've given her a Hyuuga slap across her face the moment I saw her hugged him.

"Hinata." I heard my name escape from her cherry lips for the second time. I just stared at her waiting for the next words that she would say. It took her almost a minute before she I heard her speak again.

"I-I'm sorry.", she said.

Whoa! Wait...What? Why is she saying sorry? Is this some part of her bullying plans on me?

I cleared my throat and stared intently in her eyes. "And why are you saying sorry? I-If you think I would fall on your trap for the second time, think again! You can never fool me twice." Of course I didn't say that loudly, otherwise, that would catch the crowd's attention and that means trouble.

"No, Hinata. I'm really sorry." She said in a most sincere manner. "I'm really sorry—for everything."

Oh really?

"I know that what I did before was totally wrong and I regretted it so much. Will you forgive me, Hinata?" she said.

Why is she suddenly apologizing? Did she hit her head on the ground which made her realize all the wicked things she did in the past? Or is she and Sasuke finally in a relationship right now, and in that way she thought that it was already pointless to brutally swat off the girls lurking around the Uchiha?

"Let me guess, Sakura-san. Have you finally get Sasuke-san to be your boyfriend? And now you want to apologize to all the girls you've bullied before?" I said without stuttering.

"I just want a new life without people hating me." Sakura said softly.

"But that's a part of being a celebrity." I replied.

Sakura reached for my left hand and held it with her both hands. "I know, but our case is different, Hinata. Look, I'm really really sorry. I hope you see how regretful I am now."

Did she really meant what she said?

I took a deep breath and looked at her again, "Alright. I forgive you."

But this is the first and last time that I would forgive her.

Sakura then immediately hug me and said thank you. You won't believe me but she was teary-eyed. Some people did really changed.

"Finally having a reconciliation, huh?" Kiba interrupted us. Sakura and I both smiled. "I'm so glad seeing both of you being in good terms but that's enough for now. Sakura, would you mind going back to your seat?" Kiba continued.

"Why? Don't you like me to share tables with you, Kiba-kun?" Sakura said.

"No! It's not that! Of course I would love to but you have to go back and sit there for now." Kiba said.

"And why do I have to go back in there?" Sakura raised an eyebrow.

"Just follow what I've said." Kiba immediately said.

"And if I don't?" Sakura continued.

Kiba face palmed himself knowing that he can't do anything to make Sakura leave our table.

"Hey, what's the matter? I'll stay on this table as long as I want besides this seat is reserved for nobody, and I'd still like to speak with Hinata." Sakura smiled at me.

 Suddenly, the lights at the gymnasium turned off as the spotlight focused at the stage. There was a group of people whom we don't even know if they were part of our school. They started dancing when the song "Best day of my life" started to play. From spotlight, the lights danced together with the music.

Everybody cheered along with the rhythm of the music as the dancers showed off their well-choreographed dance steps. At the middle of the song, they went off the stage and continued dancing  as they make their way to the tables. As the song ended, they received a round of applause to their stunning performance.

The lights went dim and the spotlight once again focused at the stage. There everybody saw a  man standing and the crowd gave him an "oooh" reaction. Well, he was the least person everyone would expect to give a special number.

"Good evening everyone! Tonight, I will be performing a song that would probably be the most memorable song in my life after I have sang it. Here it goes!"  Naruto said as he took a step forward.

As the music started to play the lights lit up bright as well and the group who previously danced were still present. They were dancing as well. The crowd cheered too when they heard the song.

"What the?! Marry you??!! Hell, is he going to propose to somebody?" the surprised Kiba said.

Well it wasn't only Kiba who was surprised but the entire people in the area, especially me. I blushed as I realized what Kiba have just said. I stared at him with a shocked face as Kiba looked at me as well with a "I-know-it's-you-he's-going-to-propose-to" look.

It's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Naruto is going to propose to somebody. Is it me? I asked myself.

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Is it me? I would never forget the day I confessed to him and that one question he asked me if I would wait for him. I blushed and I felt my heart beat faster as the thought struck me.

I caught Kiba and Shino looking at me and they were both smiling. They were happy for me that finally my greatest wish would now come true. I looked back to find my cousin and when I saw him, he smiled and nodded at me. Ten Ten also waved a hand happily. They were cheering for me. As I return my gaze back to Naruto, I caught a glimpse of Sasuke. He was staring at me as well. I gave him a shy smile as it is the first time I'll see him after so many years, but it was strange because he didn't smiled back. He was staring at me seriously. What's wrong with him? I returned my gaze to Naruto.

Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go oh oh oh,
No one will know oh oh oh,
Oh, come on, girl.
Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow oh oh oh,
Shots of patron,
And it's on, girl.

The lights went dim again and that spotlight was on Naruto again as he made his way down the stage. He was met by the dancers at the stairs and danced beside him.

Don't say no, no, no, no-no;
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah;
And we'll go, go, go, go-go.
If you're ready, like I'm ready.

'You don't have to worry because I would definitely say yes' I thought.

Cause it's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

I was in cloud nine when I remembered I brought something for Naruto. I hurriedly opened my pouch and got my little present for him. It caught nobody's attention because the whole gymnasium was a bit dark. I held it tight as I rested my hands on my lap.

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Naruto started walking over the crowd as if searching for the girl. All of us never left our eyes on him as we wait for who the lucky girl was. He stopped in front of Sakura's table as one of the dancers handed him a red rose.

He continued walking, into the direction where our table is at!

"There he goes!" Kiba said excitedly.

I'll go get a ring let the choir bells sing like oooh,
So what you wanna do?
Let's just run girl.

I held the little orange box real tight close to my heart as my heart beats faster than ever.
As Naruto reached our table, he stood in between me and Sakura as the dancers gathered around us. The people on the gymnasium cheered and squealed when they knew he had reached his destination. The eyes of the crowd were on our table which makes me really uncomfortable. Add the blinding light caused by the spotlight too.

If we wake up and you wanna break up that's cool.
No, I won't blame you;
It was fun, girl.

It was then the moment everybody has been waiting for. As Naruto dropped to one knee, I shut my eyes close, else, I would faint and that would definitely ruin the beautiful scene.  I heard the loud roar of the crowd.

Don't say no, no, no, no-no;
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah;
And we'll go, go, go, go-go.
If you're ready, like I'm ready.

The next thing I heard was Kiba's voice in a very surprised tone, "Naruto?!"

I opened my eyes slowly and the next thing I saw made me want to faint for real.

Cause it's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

The song he was singing and the rose he held for almost the entire song were all for the girl I have just forgiven. Haruno Sakura.

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

I felt every inch of me weakened as my heart shattered into a million pieces.

Just say I doooooo-ooo uhu,
Tell me right now baby,
Tell me right now baby, baby.

I blankly stared at Naruto and Sakura not minding the crowd. From his eyes, you'll know that his deeply in love with the girl. I felt my eyes get warm as tears welled up at the corners of my eyes.

He stood and held the girl's other hand to guide her to stand. The pink-haired girl stood as she held the rose close to her chest, her eyes teary and sparkly. The spotlight narrowed and focused only on Naruto and Sakura.

Just say I doooooo-ooo uhu,
Tell me right now baby,
Tell me right now baby, baby.

Naruto...

Oh, it's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

...How about the promise we've made before?

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Sakura hugged  Naruto tightly as she cried on his chest while the whole crowd cheered for the couple. The tears I've been holding back had finally streamed down my face. Shino who was seated on my other side placed a hand on my shoulder to comfort me.  l look to his side and tried to form a smile without looking at his face. Meanwhile, as I turned my head back to the couple, I caught a sight from my cousin's table. I saw my cousin being held by his girlfriend and Temari as they force him to stay on his seat.

The crowd's squeals brought my eyes back to the couple. Naruto was again dropped to one knee still holding his lover's hand. After a moment he brought down her hand and dug his hand inside his pocket. He brought out a small white box. I suddenly felt like I am going to breakdown which caused me to unconsciously drop the gift I am holding. It landed the ground with a thud which cause the people around me to look at me, even the couple stopped to see what happened. I was so shocked and embarrassed at the scene I made.

"Ah! I-I-I'm so s-sorry!" I immediately bent to pick the object.

"What's wrong with this girl. Is she trying to destroy the couple's moment?" I heard someone from one of the tables near us.

"Eh?! Hehehe! A-Ano, I-I really didn't mean to." I said.

"No, that's fine." I heard Naruto's voice. I brought my look back at the couple.

"Hinata." Naruto stood as he spoke just enough for me to hear. He and Sakura both have worry and guilt present on their faces. They noticed I was crying.

I did my best to give them a big smile, "T-Thanks Naruto-kun!"

"Hinata!" Kiba instantly stood. Maybe he was worried about me but I don't care.

Tears started to well up on my eyes again. I have to end this commotion before my tears flow down. "U-Uhmm. C-Congratulations! I'm so glad for you Naruto-kun, Sakura-san!"

"Sakura-san, you're lucky to have Naruto-kun in your life. Take care of him. Naruto-kun..." I gave him my most cheerful smile. "You've been in love with Sakura-san since we were little, I'm very happy for you—for the both of you." My vision got blurry from the tears that any moment from now would cascade my cheeks.

"T-This!" I grabbed Naruto's hand and gave the little orange box to him. "This is my gift for you and S-Sakura-san. Hehe! I- I wish you all the best!" I turned my back immediately as I felt my tears stream down. I was smiling while crying at the same.  People who don't know any about our story might have thought I'm insane.

I reached for my pouch and walked my way out of the gymnasium with my head bent down. I heard Kiba called me again but I didn't bother to look at him. Passing by my cousin's table, I also heard Neji-nii-san and Ten Ten call me. I continued to walk as if I heard nothing.

When I was finally outside the gymnasium, I ran as fast as I could while I let the tears that have been wanting to let go for so long cascade. I saw some trees  after reaching the corner and there I went, hid behind a tree where it was dark and unbottled every hurtful feelings I have.

"Naruto-kun" I whispered in between my sobs. I leaned my head against the trunk of the tree as I cried more.

The more painful my heart gets, the more tears come out from my eyes.

"I'm so stupid." I whispered, more tears came out.

"I'm so stupid." I clenched my fist as my body started to wobble.

"I'm so stupid!" I began hitting the tree with all my might. I feel my hands started to sting after hitting the tree a few times—but I don't care, I love the pain I was feeling right now. I want to feel more pain—so much pain so that would leave me feeling numb.

I hit the trunk few more times until a hand grabbed my arm that was about to punch the tree.

"Leave me alone." I said in a serious yet shaky voice without looking at the person's face.

"Stop it." The person said seriously. I lifted my head to see who it was.

---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---  
Hey guys! So here is the promise—an update at the end of this month! Hehe! Yey! I did had a hard time doing this chapter. And YES, Sakura is no longer a meanie! She really knows nothing about Naruto proposing. Was the song I chose good? Lol.

Thank you so much for reading this story! And a special thanks to Lesly126c for dropping a comment on my profile. The very first profile comment I ever had! Haha! ^_^

Don't you feel excited? The Naruto movie will finally hit the cinemas next week! And it will be on the 17th here in my country! The third teaser of the movie is also out already. :)

*Next update might be in between Christmas and New Year. I will be really busy this coming December. >.< Gomennasai!
*It's really difficult to make this sasuhina story especially now that naruhina is canon, for real! Lol! >.<