I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 21

"H-Hyuuga-chan?!" The woman said as her eyes blinked examining me from head to foot and then back to my face. "The daughter of Hyuuga Hiashi?"

"H-Hai." I smiled shyly.

Her eyes squinted while she thinked, "What was your name again dear?"

"H-Hyuuga Hinata-"

"Hinata-chan!" She embraced me tight. "Oh dear! You have grown into a such lovely lady!"

I hugged her in return. "T-Thanks! It was a pleasure meeting you again. You looked younger than before too."

She cupped her cheeks. "Oh my! Thank you so much Hinata-chan! My boys have never said that to me. I'm so flattered!"

"Stop praising each other you two. I'm going upstairs." Sasuke entered the door but went straight to the stairs.

"Alright! Come down soon." She shouted and returned her attention back at me.

"Sasuke never tells how beautiful her mom is!" She whispered in my ear. "He should be thankful for his genes!" She laughed hard.

I chuckled. Suddenly, I felt comfortable being with Sasuke's mom. She's so light to be with. Kind and beautiful. Her black hair is as black as Sasuke's but I feel no fear when staring into her eyes unlike her son's.

"Let's go sit over there dear." She pointed on the couch.

"Sure!" I smiled at her.

When we both sat, she started talking. "You know, this is the second time my son brought a girl in this house." She smiled at me. "Do you know when was the first time he did?"

"U-Uhmm...w-when?" I asked.

"During his middle school! Remember when you have that group project thing?" She said.

Group project? My eyes went wide and pointed to myself, "M-Me?"

"Yup!" She smiled widely.

I chuckled. Wow, Sasuke's mom got good memories! She even recalled that!

"Sasuke's brought no other girl than you." She pushed strands of my hair behind my ear.

I smiled at the same time I felt my face burn up a bit. Things are getting a little awkward here. "Wow, I didn't know that I must be the only female friend he has?"

"Hmm...That's exactly not true, Hinata-chan. I think he got some female friends out there too but never really let them step in in this house." She brushed my hair with her hand, still smiling at me.

"I-I see-" I'm starting to get nervous. What is she trying to imply?

I was startled when she held my hands, "Hinata-chan, is my son dating you?" She smile while eagerly waiting for my reply.

I gasped. "I-I-It's not-"

"I heard that." Sasuke said while he was on his way down the stairs.

"Oh, maybe I should just ask you then." She shifted her attention to her son.

"Girls who desperately chase after boys aren't my type." He sat on the couch across us.

"Huh?" She raised a brow out of confusion while I felt like slammed into the wall.

I bowed my head. Sasuke-kun, why do you have to rub it infront of my face? That hurts.

So much...

He crossed his arms, "Anyway, Hinata is staying here until those dogs outside get tired of lurking on us."

"W-What?" She freaked out. "Why didn't you tell it sooner! I-I'm calling the police-"