I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 31

Seriously, I didn't know it would be this big.

The number of people who came is overwhelming and while I am saying this, people just keep coming in the large room.

This is the yearly joint celebration of the Uchiha and Hyuuga where employees, important guests and businessmen in the community are invited to the feast.

Can I really do this?

Tonight, I am about to fool so many people. To be honest, I have no single idea how this is going to end. I'm so scared. But this is Sasuke's plan and I don't know why but my guts tells me to trust him.

"What's the matter, onee-san? You look so stiff." Hanabi whispered while we made our way down the aisle behind father.

People came closer to greet father and us.

The crowd is my weakness. I feel like I can't breathe.

I think I've said "thanks for coming and merry christmas" countless times while forcing a smile on my face.

I chanted the same lines as I started feeling dizzy. They're faces became blurred and it got worse because of the cameras flashing. And so I just focused on the hands reaching out for me.

"Thanks for coming, merry christmas." I shook the last hand in front of me.

The hand didn't let go of mine.

"Merry Christmas." He spoke and I raised my head to see who it was.

"Sasuke-kun.." I felt relieved.

He smiled. "Over here." He placed a hand behind my back and led me to our table just beside the Uchiha's.

"Wait. Where's Hanabi?" My eyes wandered around and found her smirking behind us.

There she goes again.

We were welcomed by Sasuke's mom who was overly joyed upon seeing me.

"My! My! Hinata-chan!" She hugged me. "You looked so elegant in your lavender dress tonight!"

"T-Thank you. But you looked more elegant." I gave her a smile.

"Oh! Thank you dear!" She chuckled.

"Good evening, looking stunning Hinata-chan!" It was Itachi.

"Thank you, Itachi-san." I bowed and shyly smiled.

"Excuse us." Sasuke told them while he led me to our table where Hanabi was already sitting.

We both sat and held my hand again as he leaned closer to whisper, "Don't forget to just act normally later, okay? We have to let every single person here in this room believe."

"I know, Sasuke-kun." I whispered back.

"Good. Your father is already coming this way, see you later." He swiftly pecked on my cheek before he left and went to the Uchiha's table.

Wha—! He stole a kiss on my cheek! Sasuke-kun!!!!

I cupped the side of the cheek he just kissed while I accidentally stared at my sister who was sitting opposite to me and grinning.

"Awww! Love is truly in the air!" She sighed. "I wish I find the Uchiha-san of my life too!"

"Tone down your voice, Hanabi." I told her. It's really embarrassing if others heard what my sister was saying.

"He He! You're blushing, onee-san!" She said.

"No kidding!" I bowed my head to hide my face under my fringe.