I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 12

I sat on the couch but not before I place the envelope on top of the table which was given by my sister awhile ago. She said the letter was from my former alma mater and it was sent over our house last week.

My little sister is now a high school student. How time flies. She's now a young lady.

I leaned my back as I sighed. I know it's quite lonely living alone but I can bear with it. It's been almost four years since I moved out from our home.

My dad wants me to be an ophthalmologist but I refused. He said it's for the benefit of our company. But still, I refused. I've had enough. I am so fed up of everything he did—being humiliated infront of people whenever I happen to attend our company meetings and gatherings, telling them that I am no use and will do nothing good for our company. There's no way I am going to successfully lead people who thinks of me as a trash.

I'd rather follow my heart and what I really want most. So I told him I'll go with what I want and that's to study Interior Design. We've been into several debates until he gave me two options—to follow his decision or to follow what I want and be disowned.

I looked around my dark and narrow apartment. This is the life I had chosen so I have to live by it. Just like what my father said on his options, he disowned me. It was a hard decision—but now I am free.

I am now a nobody in his eyes though I still carry the surname Hyuuga. My father had even cancelled my bank account a few days after I moved out from our house the reason why I needed to find a part-time job to support my studies. I was a working student—at a local convenience store.

Studying and working at the same time was sure difficult but I proved my dad wrong. I showed him that I can live on my own without any help coming from him.

Though even I was disowned, my sister and cousin have always been there for me. My sister visits me here at my apartment almost every weekend and she never forgets to come during christmas and new year too. Little did I know that my sister who usually teases me and gives me harsh comments was actually sweet and caring. Maybe her presence lessened the feeling of being away from home.

My cousin Neji studies college abroad. He followed my father's advice. But he never forgets to send me some money whenever he got extra from his savings. Sometimes his girlfriend Ten Ten would also give her share.

I am very thankful of these people.

It's almost a year since I've graduated. Dad didn't came on my most important day—graduation day. He never even congratulated me for being a summa cum laude. I was totally forgotten. It was only Hanabi who came. She said she's so proud of me. That made me happy.

In fact, my university and apartment is just three cities away from our home. Dad could visit me anytime he wants but he never did. Maybe he wouldn't even care if I have been into an accident.

I am now working at one of the biggest companies in the country for a few months now and they were really impressed on my works. I hope my success in my career would continue to prosper.

My eyes wandered at my small room—my small apartment which definitely only has enough space for one person. It may be small, however, it's been decorated and designed well. The perks of being an interior designer, you know.

Surely, my life was totally different than it was before. I have to work hard to earn and survive living each day. I also have to do all the chores—but at least I am free to decide everything I wish to do.

I wonder what is Naruto doing now. Where is he? Did he find a girl to love already? Or is he waiting for me.

I didn't even know what happened to my classmates after we've graduated from middle school because dad transferred me to a far away school when I entered high school due to dad's three-year business trip. I totally got lost in touch with them, even with my friends Kiba and Shino.

Neji-nii-san stayed at our former school but Hanabi and I have to go with dad. He always keeps an eye on us. I'm not sure if it's because of too much love that he doesn't want us away from or he doesn't trust us at all. Though I was happy being transferred to another school because of the traumatic experience that Sasuke's fan girls had given me. Thank God I was able to survive my remaining months until I graduated from middle school. Maybe you're wondering how I had survived that hell. Just simple. I never talked to Sasuke after the program. It didn't stop the girls' hatred towards me but it did lessened the threats I had been receiving.

We went back at the Hyuuga mansion after three years. I am about to begin my college life back then while my sister returned to our former school to continue high school. I haven't even got the chance to visit my former school because me and dad argued soon about my future.

I grabbed the pillow beside and hugged it tight as tears started to form in the corners of my eyes.

Was the bouquet and box of chocolates I found on top of my school table a day before my middle school graduation from Naruto? Did he finally returned his feelings for me? Or is it because I gave him chocolates during his birthday that's why he gave me one as well?

I never got the chance to ask Naruto during our graduation day because my dad is keeping an eye on me.

Had he realized that he loves me? Naruto..I wish my thoughts are correct. I had been thinking about it since then—and I hate to admit it but I still think of it until now.

Oh. By the way, Sasuke was our Valedictorian and Sakura is the Salutatorian. I know you've been tired of reading it—I'm still at third, First Honorable Mention. Their parents were so proud of them. They all look happy and proud while they put the medals to their child. And there's my dad—I can't even see a slight smile of happiness as he awarded me the medals.

My eyes caught the letter at the table. Should I open it?

Extending my right arm, I reached for the letter.

Ooopss! How could I read what's inside if it's dark? So I stood and walked towards the switch attached on the wall. My eyes squinted at the sudden light that hit my vision though my eyes have easily adjusted as I walk back to the couch.

As soon as I sat I was startled by the ring my phone made. Somebody was calling me. I looked at my phone and read the name. It was my cousin, Neji.

"H-Hello? Neji-nii-san?" I said.

"Hinata-sama?" I heard.

"N-Neji-nii-san, I told you to d-drop off that -sama already." I told him in a bit stern voice so he would obey what I said.

"Not until you don't stutter anymore, Hinata-sama." He said in a playful tone.

"Eeh??" You got me there, Neji-nii-san.

I heard my cousin laugh over the phone. I cleared my throat while taking a deep breath after.

"Neji-nii-san, I'm not like what you think anymore. I've grown up and became stronger. And I don't stutter anymore." I told him seriously.

"Really?" My cousin said.

I feel proud for defending myself. "Y-Yeah."  

"Hahaha! Enough with that tough act Hinata-sama. You just did stutter again!" He laughing. I got a bit irritated.

"S-so why did you c-call?" I asked him.

He let his laughter die down before speaking, "Ten Ten and I are coming home next week."

"Are you s-serious, N-Neji-nii-san?" I was so surprised.

"Why? Aren't you happy? Don't you want me to be back home? Don't you miss me?" Too much questions my cousin.

"O-Of course! I-I was just s-surprised." I was so happy.

"Help me choose my outfit for the reunion, okay?" He said.

"R-Reunion???" I asked.

"Oh, haven't you received the letter yet? From Konoha High? Our school organized a reunion three weeks from now" He said.

"H-Hanabi g-gave me a l-letter awhile ago but haven't o-opened it y-yet. A-Am I even i-invited?" I nervously said.

"Well, they sent you an invitation, right?" He laughed. "Of course you are! You finished your middle school there, Hinata-sama."

"R-Right." I said.

"Aren't you excited, Hinata-sama?" He asked.

"I-I..I am." I said.

"So, are you going to go back to the mansion when I get home?" He continued asking.

"N-No. I-I have my w-work here." was my excuse though it's real. And I can't go back to the mansion anymore.

"I see. Are still staying at that apartment?" He asked.

"Y-Yes." I told him. "I-I'm not even s-sure i-if I can come to the r-reunion."

"Don't you worry, Hinata-sama. The reunion will be on a Sunday." He assured.

"Ooooh.." Crap. I can't escape!

"Well then, see you soon Hinata-sama!"

He dropped the call after his last sentence. I hurriedly place my phone on top of the table infront of me and opened the letter.

 Dear Ms. Hinata Hyuuga,

                Konoha High will be celebrating its 31st anniversary this coming March 23rd. As a part of our celebration, the school has organized a grand reunion on the 24th day of March.

                We are gladly inviting you to join the grandest reunion ever of this instution! The program will be held at the Konoha High's gymnasium at exactly seven in the evening.         

                We are hoping to see you there!

                                                                                 Sincerely yours,
                                                                                 Tsunade Senju
                                                                                 Konoha High Principal

I folded the paper and inserted it back to the envelop. Should I attend or not? Will Naruto attend too?

---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---           ---  

Aww! Sorry for the short update! I've been thinking over something this week, I guess it affected the story. Lol.

And thanks for keeping in touch with the story. I tell you, the next chapters will be exciting. Haha!

Yay! I can now eat my bowl of ravioli!!! I promised to finish the story before eating them. Lol! Tabemashou!!! :)